Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 06-14-2022, 12:27 PM

Default Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

Please someone give me a hand!! Is there just zero customer support for avid customers? I'm absolutely incensed with this system - but I know it's no-one here's fault...

I've been going round in circles with support. I'm trying to get my Artist Mix working with my M1 Mac running Logic Pro in Native. I can't seem to find a way to download the latest eucon. Everything points towards the Avid Download Centre - but that then leads me elsewhere and I just go round in circles. I've tried calling support but I need something called an SID?

I've paid almost £1000 for this Artist Mix, please let me know how I can download the latest eucon software so I can actually use my equipment.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2022, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Artist Mix native M! Mac Logic Pro X support

It's in the Download Center:
EuControl

You want the "22.4 EUCON unified installer".

But… can Logic actually use Eucon protocol?
I thought you had to use something like Mackie Control?
Old 06-14-2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
EuControl

But… can Logic actually use Eucon protocol?
I thought you had to use something like Mackie Control?
Logic fully supports Eucon/Eucontrol
Old 06-14-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexathelm View Post
I've paid almost £1000 for this Artist Mix, please let me know how I can download the latest eucon software so I can actually use my equipment.
Well, you didn't buy it recently or new, did you? (Since the Artist Mix has not been produced for a while now.) If you had bought it new (or talk to the person who was the original owner) you would have a card to register the device which gives you access to Eucontrol. And that puts it in your My Products section.
There are instructions included with a new Aritist Mix.
You should be mad at who you bought it from.

Ben is right though, the second way to get the software is through the Download Center which is on the main My.Avid.

The third way is to download the free Avid Control app for Android/FireHD/or iOS and register it through the app to your Avid account. Then when you go to my.avid and my products, you will get Eucontrol under Avid Control/Eucon subheader.
Old 06-14-2022, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Logic fully supports Eucon/Eucontrol
Thanks for clearing up stuff, BScout.

I recently bought a used Artist Mix myself, and I use it w/PT, and I'm really happy with it. It came like new in the box and with a Product Registration card. So, I thought I might aswell try to register it with Avid, in case it hadn't been done before. I tried it and got an error about having entered a Artist Mix s.nr. and was redirected to the same registration page. A 'link-loop'. It's not the first time I see things like that on the Avid site.

Anyway, it's working fine with the latest Eucon and the setup in my signature. Registration means nothing.
Old 06-14-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
EuControl

Amazing. Thanks for your help. Will give this a go tomorrow.
When I tried to update eucon today, it seems to install but then I got a This software could not be installed, contact manufacturer message… have you had any experience with that message?
Old 06-14-2022, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Well, you didn't buy it recently or new, did you?.
Thanks for your advice. I’ll give all this a go tomorrow. I did in fact buy it new from a reputable dealer in the UK. But admittedly is was about 18 months ago. I don’t remember having to register to get the EUCon software then, nor when I bought my new laptop.

Either way - it seems incredibly overcomplicated when there’s zero customer support (and I’ve been an engineer for 15 years so am used to troubleshooting.)

I’ll let you know how it goes :)
Old 06-14-2022, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Amazing. Thanks for your help. Will give this a go tomorrow.
When I tried to update eucon today, it seems to install but then I got a This software could not be installed, contact manufacturer message… have you had any experience with that message?
No. I thought you were looking for the installer. Now you say you tried to update eucon today. I don't understand.
Please try to be as thorough and precise as you can when you explain your situation.
A screenshot of the error message would have helped for example.

Added: Another thing which is not very helpfull is making substantial alterations on your post like you did just now, so that I'm answering a post which now says something very different.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I don’t remember having to register to get the EUCon software then, nor when I bought my new laptop.
New Laptop/old laptop doesn't matter. Getting the software isn't dependent on what it is running on. It only matters (if you want it in your "my products" section) that you've added a Eucon device (including the Control app)

But what is confusing is you saying you've gotten the Eucontrol software before. If you've gotten it before, it doesn't disappear (the subheader in my products) to gain access to it.

As for your error message, might want to state your macOS version. However, it also sounds like you aren't trying to install the latest version.
From My Products, under Avid Control and EuControl, it should be listed as "EUCON Workstation Unified Install 2022.4 (Mac) (183.48 MB)"

if getting it from Avid Download Center > EuControl you want the Current Release at the top listed
"22.4 EUCON Unified Installer Apr 26, 2022"

Running the installer, you want only the top box checked.

After Eucontrol starts, there's a chance that you might need to do a firmware update of the Mix. It will tell you on the Surfaces tab.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:43 AM

Hi both

I haven’t changed my post. I’m not sure what you’re referring to. I’m not trying to annoy anyone. I really just want some help so I can go back to doing my job and from this experience so far, Avid don’t make that particularly easy.

Again I really appreciate your help.

I’m in the uk - just heading into the studio now so won’t be able to send a screenshot until I get in.

Ok let me try and be as clear as I can. I have been using my avid artist mix on my M1 MacBook Pro running big sur with Logic Pro X 10.7.4 in Rosetta mode for about 18 months. Now that most of the plug-ins i need to use are Silicon Native ready id like to make the most of the M1 chip and run native.. When I allow Logic to run native ie NOT in Rosetta, the Artist Mix doesn’t work. I imagine that’s probably due to eucon needing to also be silicon native, I imagine this requires an update of some sort and I’m finding it extremely difficult to find and install this update.

Thanks