Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-03-2005, 02:23 AM

Default alt-tab no longer working

Problem: from Pro Tools I can alt-tab into a program no problem, but alt-tabbing back doesn't work. The program Im on gets unhighlighted as if the system was trying to take me back to Pro Tools, but it doesn't. Or if I try switching back into PT by clicking the PT task bar item, sme thing. To change back I have to hit the desktop icon so all programs are minimized, and then hit the PT item in the task bar and it comes right up...

I'm confused as to why this just started happening, it was fine before. I work mostly with Pro Tools open and reason opened in slave mode and rewired to pro tools, no problem there. Everything was going fine except the pesky increase/decrease buffer errors, whatever, so I've been reading a lot and getting information together so I can trouble shoot that this weekend... the only thing I DID do this week was under device manager make sure my primary IDE and secondary IDE were both in DMA5 and DMA2 respectively, they were, but while I was in there I updated the driver for each one. This might not be the culprit, but it's the only thing I've changed. Any ideas? this isn't a big deal but I've always been a huge alt-tab user, it's quicker.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: alt-tab no longer working

Come on!! show some love... anybody have any ideas???
Old 02-04-2005, 01:23 AM

Sorry to state the obvious, but have you checked your keyboard settings in the Control Panel. Also check Regional and Language Options. Sometimes my keyboard gets set to US instead of UK and spits our different characters or some keys don't work. Remove keyboard in Device Manager and restart. If none of this works, it could be the keyboard, have you tried another?

Hope this helps!

Gary
Old 02-04-2005, 03:04 AM

Thanks for the info, I apprciate it greatly. I will give this a shot, but I don't think it will solve it since alt-tab works fine EXCEPT when alt-tabbing BACK INTO PT. You can alt-tab out of it or between any other aplications just not INTO PT.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:22 PM

From which application? Never, ever seen that happen. Which OS and SP and language?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 02-05-2005, 01:38 PM

This is occuring when I have reason slaved through rewire. But I apologize, it seems I didn't fully realize my problem. I just dicovered the problem is Reason and not Pro Tools at all. I opened the Session and that opened Reason cause I am using reason on one of those tracks, and opened other applications and windows. I discovered I can alt-tab in and out of Pro Tools fine, it Reason that I can't alt-tab in and out of. This I found out is happening even if I only open up reason alone, I still can't alt-tab in and out of reason. Now I don't really care, it;s a bug in Reason that for some reason wasn't happening before but I don't really care to put effort into finding out why.

Thanks for everyone's time
Old 07-22-2005, 07:11 PM

Bringing up this older post!

I am having the same problem when I am trying to get back into PT. I can go from PT into Reason just fine. I am running a dual boot with my audio OS stripped down. The Alt-Tab feature works fine on my General OS so I can rule out the keyboard.

I am using Xp with SP1, English.

Any suggestions anyone?

blizzard

Macbook Pro Retina / 2.8GHZ / 512GB SSD / PT 2023.9
Old 07-22-2005, 07:40 PM

Contact Propellerheads

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 07-22-2005, 08:43 PM

I just noticed this same issue. However, I'm not using Reason, or anything rewired. I was just trying to alt-tab between Protools and the .pdf manual. You can alt-tab out, but not back in. Protools isn't even listed in the alt-tab pop up window showing which applications are available.

However, when I shut down Protools and rebooted, everything worked fine again. It's either something screwy with Windows, something screwy with Protools, or more probably both.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 07-22-2005, 10:16 PM

I like using alt-mouse wheel to zoom in/out, and for no discernable reason, it stops working for a while. Then, mysteriously, it's back.

For the alt-tabbing between programs, is it possible a plugin has the focus in a window and is fooling us?
AMD Radeon HD 6570
2 WDC WD10EURX-63FH1Y0
www.soundchasm.com