Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-09-2013, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Mix won't power on

Today I was going to work with my artist mix but I'd didn't power, it seems that avid knows that and they want them to pay 60 bucks to improve their equipments
Old 08-16-2013, 08:28 AM

I had the same problem. A friend of mine had it too. It's a problematic engineering for sure. If there's a manufacturing problem in a car the company call out all cars to replace the problematic part.
There was a problem with the 002 few years ago. Avid did fixed it for free for anyone who had the problem long after the end of the warranty. This should be done here too.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:19 AM

I'm obtaining the same issue. My Artist Mix suddenly won't start up when pressing the energy button.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:21 PM

Hi Guys,

First off this is a great unit and Avid do some great gear but...

I have had the same issue with the Avid artist mix.

The unit I got didn't get one mix on it before it lost power!!

The problem with the Avid Artist mix is something in the unit is making two under specked inductors inside the Unit burn out.
The fix for my unit was replacing the two inductors for higher specked ones. (the problem could be different for your unit)

Saying this there is a known problem with this device and i'm surprised AVID have not done a recall on the unit.

My suggestion:

Check that your external power supply is getting power, you can use a multimeter to find this out. once you have ruled out the external power supply it could be an internal problem.

If your still under warranty send it back. Best not to fix it yourself because you will void the warranty and could destroy your artist mix.

I called the repair centre and asked if they put a higher specked inductors in the unit and they told me they did. I was also told they get other units in with the same problem.

There is no saying when the unit will fail, It could be a year, six weeks like mine or hopefully never. I would contact Avid If your out of warranty, if it is the same problem people have been reporting I would hope you have grounds for a free repair.

As I stated at the start I enjoy working with avid gear, I personally think they are great. I know one other unit that has failed in the same way and if this is not an isolated case then Avid need to get off there arse do a product recall or free repairs and fix it :)
Old 06-21-2014, 08:10 PM

My Artist Transport just went not 20 minutes ago and did a search and found this thread and a plethora of similar issues. Seems almost exactly the same issue that was described in all the previous posts here. Went to turn on the unit and nothing. I also own an MC Mix and that powered on just fine. I bought the unit last May. Am I just screwed? Do I need to buy an ASC for $60 to get it fixed?

Not happy with the quality of these units.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:36 PM

Just thought I would add my own 2 cents...

My Mix wouldn't turn on this morning. I just called Avid support, and Brandon immediately emailed me info to send it directly to them for repair.

This is the first time I've ever had to call their Tech Support, and it was a great experience. In fact, we even got disconnected halfway through the call, and they called my cell phone back immediately. Most tech support departments don't bother to go the extra mile like that.

As long as they get this thing back to me quickly, I'll be happy!
Old 03-08-2015, 04:34 PM

Well i get to join this happy thread..

My Artist Control won't power on either.

Pretty disgusting and I must say, confirms everything I think about Avid and the general product quality these days.

Pro Tools 10.3.9 / Cubase 8 / Reason 8 / OSX 10.9.5
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 gHz Quad Core Intel Xeon / 14GB Ram
UAD Apollo Quad / MOTU 828 mk3

Avid Artist Control / Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro
Old 03-08-2015, 08:24 PM

Call their tech support. It's a known problem. They fixed mine for free.

I know it sucks that it happened, but most companies wouldn't fix it for free. Avid scored some big bonus points with me on this one.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucienpalmer View Post
Call their tech support. It's a known problem. They fixed mine for free.

I know it sucks that it happened, but most companies wouldn't fix it for free. Avid scored some big bonus points with me on this one.
Nope I was charged 300 bucks (150-ish US) to have it repaired...

Pathetic, this is why i wont bother upgrading protools and would never buy another Avid product again. Rip off merchants.

Pro Tools 10.3.9 / Cubase 8 / Reason 8 / OSX 10.9.5
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 gHz Quad Core Intel Xeon / 14GB Ram
UAD Apollo Quad / MOTU 828 mk3

Avid Artist Control / Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro
Old 07-22-2015, 06:54 AM

Hey All,

Unfortunately I have to join this club as well. My Artist Control stopped wroking a couple of days ago. I submitted a request to support on the AVID site (ASC form) and they responded to me to send them the ser no and pruchase proof to check if there is warranty.

This immediatly annoyed me because first of all to be able to request support you should have a ASC number which is couple to your ser no, so I would guess they have it allready.

Then as many people wrote here it is a known problem because of some design faillure. It would be ridiculous that I have to pay to sort their problems out. If I really will have to pay to AVID and also have to send it from Brazil to the USA it is going to be an expensive issue. Just because their was a design engineer who made a mis calculation in component specs.

Hmmm i hope I'm being to pessimistic