Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-01-2022, 01:50 PM

Default Re: 2021.3 new error "playback could not be started because of an engine reset"

any solution on this? I also have a sonnet PCI chassis with a single HD card. 2013 Trashcan Mac

also seeing these errors...

No output DSP n/a

Unable to assign output to audition stem

Unable to do anything with the HDX engine.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:48 PM

Default Re: 2021.3 new error "playback could not be started because of an engine reset"

I just tried to use Melodyne ARA for the first time and got this error. Current version of PT with HDX Hybrid. Big 5.1 session with video. Is there anyway to turn it off because even though I cleared the Melodyne now that session is super slow.
Old 03-13-2023, 01:39 PM

Following as well, did anyone find out a fix for this? Or identify the reason for this error, I am running 2022.7 with a Mac Pro 6,1 (Late 2013) and using the mac Osx 10.14.6

It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago, when it will randomly appear, when I downgrade back to 2022.6 the issue doesn't occur again.

The only fix I was able to find is if you change the playback engine, close pro tools and change the playback engine back to the correct one, and on top of that trash pro tools preferences. It will work for a little while, but the occur will come back shortly.

Please if anyone has found a solution, let me know, thanks!
Old 04-11-2023, 02:28 PM

Bumping this as well. Getting it a lot on 2023.3. Waiting or restarting does help, but it's getting quite frustrating. Seems to happen a lot right after I render from audiosuite.

MBP M1 Max, 64gb RAM, MTRX Studio, HD Native.
Old 04-17-2023, 08:18 AM

I am also experiencing this on two different M1 Mac Studio computers.

If I disable the video engine the error goes away.

If I enable the video engine, it won't play at all without the giving the error message, unless I check "Ignore Errors During Playback/Record"

It does it in any simple session with just a video file and audio file.

I've tried both ProResLT and DNxHD36 video formats.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:31 PM

Interestingly, I found that this happens when I am using the Dante Virtual Soundcard as my playback engine.

If I change the playback engine to "HD Native Thunderbolt", then the error goes away.
Old 06-12-2023, 04:02 PM

First Time posting in an audio forum ever be gentle!!

BUT... PT gives me the finger randomly at times and sometimes the right answer is 3 clicks and 6 hours away... but then you know, right!

THIS problem happened after I'd turned my computers/gear off and killed the power to everything. I do it every now and then, which usually helps... but then I know others that will never turn their system off... until it blows up or burns out!!

MY FIX!! PT just wouldn't play at all. After a restart/shutdown or two, I went to Playback Engine, did the no-brainer 1024 Buffer change, came back, pressed play = worked! Came back to Playback Engine, went to 512 = WORKED!! Even 256 = WORKED!! And so on!!

I'm also on a Dante system with 2x HD32Rs... so hopefully the above helps!!
Old 08-16-2023, 05:55 AM

What worked in my setup is the following:
View Edit Window-open Object view
In videotrack select Draft as playback quality
This doesn’t effect hardware video output such as my Decklink card but it fixed the error message.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2024, 02:12 AM

Disable Pro Tools Audio Bridge on in the input tab of IO Setup worked for me, or just update the version of Protools.