Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2012, 02:05 PM

Default ilok lost process

HI,
i lost my ilok (it only had one license on it & that was pro tools 9) so i have bought a new ilok & submitted an RMA with ilok.com. (aaaaargh!!)

Im just wondering which ASC i need to purchase from the avid website to have my PT9 license transferred onto my new ilok?

this one
http://shop.avid.com/store/product.d...06917503520336

or this one
http://shop.avid.com/store/product.d...06756054845840
Old 11-13-2012, 01:28 PM

Default Re: ilok lost process

Anyone? I am hesitating as I am located in australia & i see people have had issues with this ASC service before..
I think its the $39.95 option but i cant be sure & there is no one to phone down here that i can find..
Old 11-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Avid

Post Re: ilok lost process

Yes, it would be this one...

Avid Support Code: Pro Tools software (LE, M-Powered, & standalone)

(Australia / New Zealand: +61-2-9420-3066)
Old 11-14-2012, 06:00 PM

thanku very much
Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 PM

Have just spent an hour on call waiting to that Sydney number trying to get someone to answer me so i can tell them the ASC code i just purchased.. Hung up & tried to call back to get someone to speak to me directly, now line is busy for the last hour..
AAAAARRRGGHHHH!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the android View Post
Have just spent an hour on call waiting to that Sydney number trying to get someone to answer me so i can tell them the ASC code i just purchased.. Hung up & tried to call back to get someone to speak to me directly, now line is busy for the last hour..
AAAAARRRGGHHHH!
You might want to read past discussion on this in threads here. You might get lucky, but Avid is not guaranteed to replace lost iLoks. These things are really physical assets/your property and the primary protection against loss should be your work or household contents insurance.

If it a theft you may have more luck with Avid, especially if there are police reports etc., even that is not guaranteed, but Avid seems to have tried to do well by folks in those kind of circumstances. In the case of a loss I'd file a lost properly report if possible for where it was lost, if there is a chance it was stolen you might want to file a police report.

Anyhow I hope you already know this or read this before talking to Avid support, you probably don't want to get on the phone and demand a replacement license, you'll have to really appeal to Avid to help you here.

Darryl
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 AM

well at least i found that you can apply via an online form instead of wating on the phone for another hour.. which i did before i realised..

As far as Avid not replacing my ilok, thats ok.. i bought another ilok for $50, all i want them to do is transfer my license to the new ilok.. Shouldn't be an issue.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 AM

If you're in big trouble "Marvin" you know who to call.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 AM

suitably ambiguous.. umm, zeus? spidey? bazza?madonna?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the android View Post
well at least i found that you can apply via an online form instead of wating on the phone for another hour.. which i did before i realised..

As far as Avid not replacing my ilok, thats ok.. i bought another ilok for $50, all i want them to do is transfer my license to the new ilok.. Shouldn't be an issue.
It is quite possible it will be an issue. You are not listening. I am telling you not to assume Avid will just replace your license. Is gone, together with your iLok, presumably lost forever. In this situation what "should not be an issue" is you get to buy another license--unless you can manage to convince Avid to do something unusual for you.

You should be protecting the iLok and the license contained on it with your home or work property/contents insurance. ILock ZDT (zero down time) insurance can help get you a temporary license while you repurchase/replace lost licenses.

Darryl