Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 03-02-2018, 01:06 PM

Default "Could not complete your request because Assertion... line 822

It's day 5 of my one month's ProTools subscription now. I still haven't been able to open the program - which loaded fine (and yes I do have a current functioning iLok plugged in, which is showing my current ProTools subscription on it).

Before trying to upgrade I was successfully running ProTools First. However during the new ProTools2018 attempted upgrade, I changed the 'Playback Engine' setting - WHAT a mistake! Now, my ProTools First won't open either. Gives the same error message as the main ProTools i.e.
"Could not complete your request because Assertion in "E:\ Code\ 222370\ ProTools\ AAE\ Source\ AAX\ CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 822."

So ... how do you get into ProTools program folders & change the setting on the Playback Engine to what ever it was before (I can't remember!) that allowed ProToolsFirst (& by analogy - probably full ProTools too) to work???

I'd like to pose that to anyone employed by AVID. Because I now have to go & use my LOVELY Magix VEGAS program (that loaded perfectly and worked first time without ANY fiddling about) to do the work I was hoping to do on ProTools there instead. And later this week, I will have to load a free trial of ABLETONLIVE to complete my 1-month online course with my tutor that I paid for & am in the middle of - set up primarily for me to learn how to mix music on ProTools. BOTTOM LINE - YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE A CUSTOMER PROTOOLS ... IF YOU'D LIKE TO CALL ME TO HELP RETAIN ME & MY MONEY MY NUMBER IS: ----- otherwise its 'Na Kanda' as they say in Korea - or "I'm outta here"!!!

Last edited by jeffro; 03-05-2018 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Removed phone number to protect privacy.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Problem with trying to Purchase products

Hello Jeffro - and any one else who happens to read this & has been struggling with getting ProTools to run on a Windows 10 machine.

I found the fix - it is very simple.

In Windows 10 you have to go into the 'Change the sound card settings' feature and disable first the 'Playback' and then the 'Recording' features. Then ... Hey Presto! ... ProTools launches without a problem - the built in sound card was somehow competing (& winning) against ProTools in a battle to play the sound on launch, which was why it kept crashing.

I hope this reaches any fellow sufferers & eases their pain. I am now using PT fine.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:34 AM

Default Re: "Could not complete your request because Assertion... line 822

Good info, thanks!

Searching for that error in our Knowledge Base (linked above) returned this KB article. Will review that to see how we can improve it with your findings.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:12 PM

Default Re: "Could not complete your request because Assertion... line 822

Already a thread on this. My onboard soundcard is always set to default and my RME UFX is just for Pro Tools; line 822 error happens anyway. "N" key held down at PT launch does nothing, PT won't open.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction