Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-01-2001, 10:31 PM

Default Fuse Capture Card Issues..

Hi.
While capturing video using Aurora's Fuse, Premiere LE 5.1, i can't get the video to be captured "On line", or synced. I record it right & Save it to disc, but when I import the movie into PT, the Bunrned in VITC on the frame does not match PT's time ruler, & the movie plays out of sync with The programs' OMF. I know fuse uses apple sound manager to sync somehow, but to what? Should I route My BETA's Timecode out into the Mac's Mic In?
I am not capturing audio, since I Get my audio via OMF, separated to different tracks...Any help?
Thanks, Nem
Old 04-01-2001, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Fuse Capture Card Issues..

In my experience, the only way to sync a fuse file when importing it into PT's.... is to make sure you capture the video making sure "Burned In'" Timecode is on (I think you may be confused between this and VITC, you cannot "see" VITC), also make sure you start capturing while the video is playing down its pre-roll, then when you import the Movie file, you must SPOT the video file to the timecode on the first frame of video.
Once you've done this a few times, you won't think about twice.
Old 04-02-2001, 02:39 AM

Since we are on topic.....any news about the -11002? I haven't seen any topic about this error since the last message from Digi...

I tried to install a new system on another HD and moved the DAE folder in the new system (that's my only fault). I get the -11002 rarely now, BUT it's still there, especially when I'm doing something during the playback (e.g. zooming, scrolling, moving or editing files).

I think the System is involved in some way with the -11002; I have no other extension running except the Digi extensions, OMS, the Fuse drivers and the installed system extension (I even installed ONLY the system avoiding all the other options in the installer).
Old 04-02-2001, 04:18 AM

Thanks again..
Stuart..I am spotting the movie in PT, the first frame is locked, but after less than 3 minutes, the movie drifts from audio & timecode, so the "burned in" timecode at the bottom of the picture does not match the VITC tc or the LTC tc..It seems that I'm not capturing in sync, or am I? If "Decode burned in timecode" is checked in Premiere, does it forces Premiere/Fuse to capture the picture in sync? Can I just save the project in Premiere or do I have to export/Print to film?
Lost..help...thanks..Nem
Old 04-02-2001, 09:28 AM

I battled this problem for quite some time before reverting back to Premiere 4.3. Version 4x has the conform movie option that doesn't exist in 5x. There are several threads about this, look them up. Since switching to 4.3 everything locks up perfect.
Old 04-02-2001, 10:08 AM

Try this: In "keyframe and rendering options" (in Premier 5.1LE capture settings) select "LOWER filed first". This has worked for many folks. To others, it matters not at all. I can't explain why, but try it.
-p