Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 02-22-2011, 12:46 PM

Default A few positive words

As a precursor to going on the Alchemea Studio Sound Diploma in April and hopefully achieving 210M operator certification by the end of the year, my collegue and I purchased Eleven Racks each and decided to go with Pro Tools as our DAW of choice. I also took the decision to swap from a PC to MAC whilst my mate stuck with his PC.

So far our experience with PT9.01 has been excellent and stable on both platforms with only a couple of minor glitches which were easily fixed.

The reason that I am posting this thread is that anyone casually browsing the Avid Audio Forums like I was last year can be overwhelmed by the number of problems and negativity people appear to be having and possibly put off as a result in purchasing or using PT9.01

I think you have to keep in mind that nearly everyone who posts in these type of forums is trying to sort out their own issues and I just wanted to buck the trend by posting something positive.

An interesting statistic would be the number of people posting with problems in the forums expressed as a percentage of the total number of PT9 licenses.

Bottom Line:- Don't let forums like this one or any of the other major DAW manufacturers forums ( which are all filled with the same sense of despair ) influence you. Buy what you want and then learn how to use it and then get down to the most important thing in the world making music.