Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 03:08 AM

Default 882 I/O Pro tools

Hey,
I Just got an 882 w/card and now need to know what and where i need to get Pro Tools.

I know that 882's stop working after 10.3 but what V is needed for 882. I think it is 6.4.2.

any help would be great.

Ta Brendan.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: 882 I/O Pro tools

If you bought it second hand then the original owner should have turned over all documentation and installer cd's with the hardware. As well as the Transfer of Ownership document.

If they haven't then you need to conatct them again.
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor
Old 07-31-2007, 11:05 AM

Do you know which card you got? The card will determine which version of PT you can use. If it's a D24 or Mix Core, you can use up to version 6.4.1 for TDM systems, which will run on OSX 10.3.4 (supported), but many folks are running 10.3.9 with no problems.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:59 AM

Hey mate it is this one,

What version of PT is needed for this,

http://archive.digidesign.com/suppor...skiopcipp.html

Ta
Old 08-01-2007, 07:01 AM

There isn't a lot of info on Digi's site about these cards. From what I can tell, it was most likely part of a Pro Tools 3 system, and seems to need a DSP Farm card to work, but I could be wrong about that. I'd post your question in the Legacy Software and Hardware section of the forum. There may be folks there who know what the original setup was.

I did find this in the document archives..

A Disk I/O provides 16 voices, and up to 3 can be used in a system (Pro Tools 5.0 limits support to 1 Disk I/O-PCI).

A hard drive is required on each Disk I/O, along with a DSP Farm for each Disk I/O.

An Audio Interface is required on the first Disk I/O. Interfcaes can be connected to the other Disk I/O's, but are not required.

If your PCI card's serial number begins with FE, you own a Pro Tools Project Card and NOT a Disk I/O, which begin with FD.

My guess is that it wouldn't work in anything newer than a G4. I couldn't find info on what the last software version it used was, but I would suspect it would be in the early PT 6's