Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-21-2001, 08:09 PM

Default burning to cd

amother question. After i finish a session and i want to burn to cd not for a final mix just to listen to a reference copy, do i have to bounce to disk or can i save to disk? Of course i want to be able to go into the session and finish. Does bounce to disk change the format, or is it still available as a session with audio files intact for further tracks?
Old 06-21-2001, 10:21 PM

Default Re: burning to cd

Bouncing to disk doesnt change tee original format---it really only creates a two track stereo file that has a name---so if you bounced to disk ans saved it in a different location than the original pt session you will have two of the same---your original session will still be there---but your bounced sessions wont open in ptle.
Old 06-23-2001, 01:06 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by moodswing:
amother question. After i finish a session and i want to burn to cd not for a final mix just to listen to a reference copy, do i have to bounce to disk or can i save to disk? Of course i want to be able to go into the session and finish. Does bounce to disk change the format, or is it still available as a session with audio files intact for further tracks?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-23-2001, 01:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by billt:
[QB][/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can also bounce the session down to a 2 track submix and import back into session if you like. This can be helpful if you are running out of tracks. After the bounce, you can delete tracks, and continue with the session. The down side I see with any track deletion is you can't manipulate individual EQs, panning or anything else once bounce is complete and you have deleted some of your original tracks.
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]