Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2001, 07:28 PM

Default saving to cd

i dragged my session folder to my disc palyer and now i cant open session because i think the audio files were deleted. Am i supposed to drag audio file and session file to cd when i want to save. Another stupid question.. i havent added a second drive yet but i assure you theres nothing else except aol and some minor programs on my c drive. Can i take my sessions off my computer and save them to cd in hopes of freeing up space on my computer or is this a stupid way of thinking? Ive been plagued with error messages like increase buffer size and disc may need defrag, and i thought this procedure of dragging to cd may help. Im going crazy. I have a Gateway 1 gig system with 20 gigs and 196 mg. I use Direct Cd/ Cd Creator also to burn. Someone help...
Old 06-25-2001, 10:32 AM

Default Re: saving to cd

Yes you can. You can do it one of two ways. You can copy all the files from a session to a CD-R, or you can create a backup of your session (make sure to select audio files). If you lost your audio files it's because they might have been created to another folder by mistake when you created you session and didn't get backed up. Try doing a search for the file names and see if they show up under another session's audio folder. Try looking in the audio folder of the last session you worked on before this one.
Note: always create a separate folder for each song. If you don't, you'll have all kinds of trouble. For some reason PTLE will assume that you want to create a new session in the last folder that you used, so make sure to hit the up-arrow to go up one level before creating the new session. Hope this helps.
WD EIDE 10GB
WD EIDE 250GB
XP Pro SP1
ProTools LE 6.4