Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-02-2002, 04:12 PM

Default MIDI TRITON PROGRAMS AND BANKS KEEP CHANGING WHY?

I have Triton and PT, i finnaly figured out the banks. now how do I get the patch and bank I choose to remain? is it a master slave issue?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP: Logged

Roy Howell
Member # 16770

posted September 16, 2002 09:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John,
Do you have separate PT Midi tracks/faders created for each Program you want to hear separately, and is each Midi fader assign to it's own Digi Midi channel (Digi Ch.1, Digi, Ch.2, on and on)?

If so, on each fader, under 'P', do you have the different program/#'s you want assigned?

Also, do you have a separate Stereo Auxillary track set up for Midi, with it's input assigned to 3&4(or whatever two inputs you have your keyboard plugged into in the Digi Box).

If so, it should work without the programs changing. Check these things, and post back.

John G
Member # 31284

posted September 16, 2002 09:57 PM
All set now. I found that before I do anything I must change to program in the edit screen and then choose my bank and patch ther aswell.

on another subject I just transfered 5 midi tracks from triton to digi 001. I forgot to do one thing I forgot to hit the conducter and set the midi tempo. It would have been fine except when I imported a drum loop wav that I had set in triton. the tempos did not match. Not a big deal. Can I avoid that on future projects by seting digi's clock as the slave?

Thanks for the feedback on the program banks, now I can move forward. thanks

John G
Member # 31284

posted October 01, 2002 08:21 PM
my problem has not been solved. No matter where I set the Program and bank it always changes. Could it be because I'm transfering already existing sequences off the triton.

Roy Howell
Member # 16770

posted October 01, 2002 08:32 PM
Yes it could... try this. In the Edit Window, on the left side of each Midi track where it says 'Notes', click and hold it to reveal a list. Click on 'Program Changes'. Now, at the very beginning of that Midi track, in the lower left hand corner, do you see a tiny box with a number in it?
If so, it's a program number that's 'locked' into that Midi track. To delete it and start fresh, click on that number with the Hand Tool, and hit 'Delete'.
Now you should be able to assign any Program #, and it should remain as is.

If that's not it, just post back. We will figure it out.

~Roy

John G
Member # 31284

posted October 01, 2002 09:18 PM
I have already tryed that, I just checked again to be sure and the problem persists. All the patches and banks appear correct in pro tools. I am beginning to think it has something to do with the triton. When I hit play on pro tools it plays the wrong voice, and as its playing on pro tools if I hit locate on triton the voices goes to the correct voice, but I cant get it to start and remain on the correct patch or bank
Old 10-03-2002, 08:03 AM
Avid

Default Re: MIDI TRITON PROGRAMS AND BANKS KEEP CHANGING WHY?

Quote:
Originally posted by John G:
how do I get the patch and bank I choose to remain? is it a master slave issue?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">-Disable Local Mode on the Triton.
-Enable Multi-timbral mode on the Triton.

-In your session, insert a Program/Bank Change message at the beginning of each of your MIDI Tracks.

Brent