Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-24-2010, 01:43 AM

Default Committing midi parts to audio. All parts ahead of bar line

All my midi drum & synth parts are ahead of bar line when Committing them as hard disk audio tracks from External sound modules. you can see all kicks and synth parts are ahead of the grid bar line by about 1 /32 nd note. What is going on? Is this some time stamping /look ahead Midi setting?
Its not my sound modules. S 950 for drums - oberheim xpander are both triggering evenly AHEAD.
anyone experience this?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Committing midi parts to audio. All parts ahead of bar line

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1robot View Post
All my midi drum & synth parts are ahead of bar line when Committing them as hard disk audio tracks from External sound modules. you can see all kicks and synth parts are ahead of the grid bar line by about 1 /32 nd note. What is going on? Is this some time stamping /look ahead Midi setting?
Its not my sound modules. S 950 for drums - oberheim xpander are both triggering evenly AHEAD.
anyone experience this?
To make sure I understand, you are saying that when you play the instruments via midi, and print that audio to a track, and go back and look at the audio after it is recorded, it is ahead of the actual midi notes that fired the sound? I have seen a lot of different thinks like this, some being bugs. Couple questions:

1. Do you have Automatic Delay Compensation enabled and turned on(If yes, try disabling?
  2. Is there a value in the global midi offset or the midi offset for the particular tracks?
There are other things, but it is usually one of these. . .
Old 04-25-2010, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Committing midi parts to audio. All parts ahead of bar line

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1robot View Post
anyone experience this?
It's a very well known, well discussed, and well whined-about problem with ADC and midi. Shut off ADC, print your midi parts, and all should be fine.