Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 04-21-2019, 01:09 PM

Default Sound Library Soundsnap and similar

I used soundsnap.com for a couple of projects and found it quite beneficial to be able to give (for example) a director the oportunity to help building a sound pool for specific project. He/she can easily create and share a favorite list within soundsnap. I did this not to get help in finding sounds but rather to include the director in a ‚hands on‘ workflow and support the creative process.
The downside of soundsnap for me is that the searching metadata engine is not very differentiated.
Anyway i thinking of a annual subscription unlimited downloads. Is there any other website/tool to do similar you could recommend?

Béla Brandes | www.bbsounddesign.de
Old 04-21-2019, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Sound Library Soundsnap and similar

I personally use sounddogs for that, but never compared them. I think it's a larger library. Metadata is good imo but the search engine doesn't let you specify like Soudminer or Bashead.