Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2016, 08:32 AM

Default Video format/codec issues....

Gremlin Week: I'm having an issue, simply trying to carve out a QT ref movie for my client's theatrical trailer. The first time I tried, I got the error "No valid resolution found to be exported using same as source...." I've never seen this before and I've changed nothing in my setup. My ref movie in PT is DNxHD format (converted from H.264). H.264 has worked flawlessly on my system until recently, so not sure what's up with that either.

1. The error message went away and it allowed me to bounce, but when I do, I only get audio. No video.
2. I tried another QT bounce and selected "same as source". It took forever, but I got a video w/ audio, but it's jumpy with dropouts all over the audio.
3. I tried re-importing the original H.264 file and I'm now getting the error "Unable to link to the file "xxxxx" due to either a missing codec or the file may be unsupported.
4. Now I've tried opening existing sessions that have worked fine before and I'm getting the error "This session contains media that is not supported possibly due to a missing codec.

Nothing has changed in my system. It's infuriating, when such a simple task turns into an ordeal. I can't seem to find any info specifically related to PT. Any thoughts?

PT HD Native 12.5, Mac El Capitan
www.taprootaudiodesign.com
www.facebook.com/taprootaudiodesign
Old 05-10-2016, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Video format/codec issues....

This happens to me also.

When I try exporting from a DNxHD/HR source, pro tools exports the audio. Then times out on the video and then stops the export. The only workaround is reimporting the original .mov, .mp4 etc... And hitting same as source.

I had the codec issue once too, I reinstalled the avid codec list, restarted and fixed permissions. Then opened the session, cleared all video, restarted the session, then imported fresh video. Haven't had the issue since, but still get the DNxHD export issue.

What really helped me with working with video was to every morning use 'Repair Disk' in disk utility. I have found if I do some
Maintainance on my disks, and clear cache's etc.. The video engine works a lot better.

I've stopped getting video engine issues (except the export issue I mentioned).

Just a thought.