Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 01:39 AM

Default how do you m.t.c sync your mpc 2000xl to pro tools

everthing was fine until i uploaded the new update dig coreaudio driver for panther10.3.I all ready had my mpc & pro tools insync by pressing play on the mpc triggering the pro tools to rec my tracks in midi time code now its no working what can i do help help help
Old 05-22-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: how do you m.t.c sync your mpc 2000xl to pro tools

Alright check it out... This is the best way to slave your MPC (via mtc) to Pro Tools..

-Set your MPC to recieve MTC and set ProTools to send MTC (hit command 2 and the session info will pop up, select send MTC to port "whatever")

-Make sure that they are at the same frame rate, I usually use 30 fps.

-On your MPC you must insert a blank bar in the beginning of your sequence. It takes a quick second for the MPC to catch on. To do this just go to your sequence and highlight the "Bars" parameter.. Hit open window and set After Bar:0/ Number of Bars: 1 and hit insert. If your sequence is a loop readjust the sequence's loop points according by hitting open window when the loop parameter is selected. Your first bar to loop will now be bar two..

-If everything is connected correctly. When you hit play or play/record on your computer, your MPC should follow.. You can either set a pre-roll of one bar before your record in point or just erase the blank bar in the beginning after you are done recording...

If you are just using midi in order to make multiple record passes with your MPC, I suggest skip using MIDI and just create a slate at the begining of a blank bar before your MPC sequence. That way you can zoom in later to the nearest sample and line up the slate sound from each pass. It's more accurate then midi.. Because each time you record it's a little different because of the inconsistency of the MPC having to catch up in the beginning when slaving..

PEACE and LUV
DiViNCi of SoS (http://www.myspace.com/solilla)