Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 08:18 PM

Default New Mbox User having Problems

I recently bought an MBOX and have had very little time to experiment as of late but when I have, ive had some problems. Mainly, when i record something and have the input volume all the way up through my headphones, the quality is nice and clear. But when i play it back in ProTools through the MBOX and turn the mix to full playback, i get a really nasty fuzz noise over the track. Its not like an amp noise issue because it has happened when i record direct with a keyboard. Again, it sounds fine as im recording when the mix is all the way to input. Its only in playback that i get this problem. Its sorta frustrating because i thought i would at least be able to record ideas easily when i first got it, i knew it would take lots of time for anything fancy, but this is sort of a road block right now. Thanks!

vay
Old 01-17-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: New Mbox User having Problems

Well I'm not really sure what the problem is as your description is very vague. What exactly do you mean when you say the input is turned all the way up in your headphones? Is it possible you are just overloading the channel input? Honestly there could be a number of reasons for this so I am just starting with the simplest first. Also if you post your system it would be much easier for people on this forum to help you out being there are so many issues with different operating systems, configs.updates, ect... Wish I could help more.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: New Mbox User having Problems

I get this too (or something similar)
I find I get air on my tracks. It seems not to be just a headphone output problem, as the more tracks that are recorded to and played back; the louder the air.
It kinda bugs me too. not sure what it would be apart from typical air you would get on yoru pc soundcard (which i wouldnt think would be the case, and the noise on my pc soundcard is why i got my mbox).

Arch