Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2012, 01:43 PM

Default Artist Transport & Mix sliders

Anyone knows if you can use Euphonix's Artist transport to control the mixer faders in Pro Tools?.....been searching the forum here and on Gearslutz but couldn't find any answers on the topic.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Artist Transport & Mix sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeButte View Post
Anyone knows if you can use Euphonix's Artist transport to control the mixer faders in Pro Tools?.....been searching the forum here and on Gearslutz but couldn't find any answers on the topic.
I found this in the Artist Transport Manual
In some applications, the Jog Wheel can act as an Assignable Knob. This lets you use the Jog Wheel to adjust the values of any
control the cursor hovers over in Cubase or Nuendo, such as faders, pan knobs and plug-in controls. Other applications require
a mouse-click on the control to allow adjustment (such as Logic Pro).

Does it also work with Pro Tools???
Old 02-14-2012, 04:12 AM

Eucontrol is now completely compatible with pro tools. As in avid bought euphonix so it probably works better with pro tools than just about anything else. However it was first natively supported in pro tools 9. It works in previous version, but just in HUI mode. Which isn't as interactive.

Fwiw I just bought an mc mix and love it. Works great. At least with pt10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post
Eucontrol is now completely compatible with pro tools. As in avid bought euphonix so it probably works better with pro tools than just about anything else. However it was first natively supported in pro tools 9. It works in previous version, but just in HUI mode. Which isn't as interactive.

Fwiw I just bought an mc mix and love it. Works great. At least with pt10.

Thanks for the reply. Like you mention, it should work better with Pro Tools, but I do need confirmation that it does before I actually purchase it.

Anyone???...Or, is there a way to forward the question to Avid on the forum?
Old 02-14-2012, 04:53 AM

My mc mix works flawlessly with pro tools 10. Every button, fader, and knob does exactly what it is suppose to do. Since avid owns both pro tools and euphonix (which has been absorbed and isn't called euphonix anymore) the integration is extremely tight.

In fact before pro tools 9 they worked great with pro tools. It just wasn't as tightly integrated. The only complaint I've ever really seen is a few build quality issues. But they have said they've fixed those and a good about repairing/replacing older units.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeButte View Post
Thanks for the reply. Like you mention, it should work better with Pro Tools, but I do need confirmation that it does before I actually purchase it.

Anyone???...Or, is there a way to forward the question to Avid on the forum?
Eucon is completely integrated with PT, at least more than with other DAW (cubase, sonar, ...). With the exception of Logic, which I'd also well handled by Eucon.

Hope that help !
Old 02-14-2012, 09:28 PM

The "Assignable Knob" feature does not work in protools.

Pretty much anything else can be assigned to buttons and the wheel but what the manual is talking about is a feature that I've only personally seen work in Nuendo. There are many others it works with though.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse p View Post

Pretty much anything else can be assigned to buttons and the wheel but what the manual is talking about is a feature that I've only personally seen work in Nuendo. There are many others it works with though.
While I don't have a mc control or mc transport with assignable knobs. I've seen videos done by sound pure that shows how to assign anything to any softkey on them.

http://www.soundpure.com/p/euphonix-mc-control/2160

Here they are. Lots of cool info. Some of the older videos were done before pro tools 9. So you can even see how they worked then.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse p View Post

Thanks, thats the confirmation I was looking for. No surprise, why would they mention in the manual that it works in Cubase and Nuendo and not with Pro Tools.....
Old 02-15-2012, 07:55 AM

I don't think that should be a show stopper for you. Eucon and protools, even if you only have the transport is really great.

be warned.. you will eventually get at least one mix and a control. Just because the system is modular and they function on their own, doesn't mean that the full system isn't the REAL product. It's a clever design.