Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 PM

Default Problem importing audio into PT9 on windows 7

So here is the situation, I have a umber of sessions that I have worked no over the past few months that play back with no problems. Tonight I created a new session and attempted to import a few wave files to start working with. In the import wizard, I could click on the sound file and it would play back fine. The problem occurs once the import is complete and the audio is now in the session window. When I try to play that imported audio I hear nothing put pink noise (it sounds similar to pink noise). As a test in one of the problem sessions I created a track for my synth and was able to hear the synth with now problems. It's only imported wav files. I have tried all different bit rates for the sessions, all different bit rates for the imported wav files, all with thee same results.

Has anyone seen anything like his before? Again, in the same session I can be playing my synth no problem but the playback of the imported was file is nothing but noise. I can even play the file with no problems in the little demo window in the import audio box. It's just the playback within protools as a track where it wounds like pink noise.

I appreciate your help!

Lupo
Old 01-28-2012, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Problem importing audio into PT9 on windows 7

have you tried dragging and dropping instead of using the import options??

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 AM

Another option is to go File>Import Audio and select the audio files you want(at least this works fine for me).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-29-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Another option is to go File>Import Audio and select the audio files you want(at least this works fine for me).
That's how i normally import them and normally they work fine. this is a new thing. Anything I import sounds like pink noise.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:10 PM

No one has any ideas? The import function worked fine until recently. I even tried opening a session that I had been working on that had imported audio tracks on it. I could hear the pervious imported audio but the new audio I was importing just played back at full volume sounding like pink noise. Help!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM

I seemed to revolved the issue i was having importing the audio files. I discovered that in the audio input menu select your files you have to Choose "convent" before choosing import. Even if you are not doing a sample rate conversion, you still have to chose convert.