Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2019, 12:35 AM

Default Re: New Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
If they still have some licenses left i would grab it. My 2c
Just grabbed one. Thanks so much for the heads up. Might grab another, but I'm up to March 2022 for now.

Hackintosh: MacOS Catalina, i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, RX580
Pro Tools Studio, RME RayDAT PCIe
http://www.liamgaughan.com
Old 11-26-2019, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezul View Post
Just grabbed one. Thanks so much for the heads up. Might grab another, but I'm up to March 2022 for now.
So i could buy two of these for 190 USD and get two years to my PT standard support plan? Well in that case, I'll stay for now.. I mean, I just saw it.. big difference to $220 USD for ONE year (with AU tax) LOL!

I have been mucking about with Studio one ALL day and even though it is way more powerful than pro tools vanilla in almost every way imaginable (except for clip volume gain control where PT is unsurpassed), once i launched PT again I just felt "better". It's that darn S1 gui I hate it so much I can't even really explain how much I hate it.
I will say that S1 used to have terrible performance, but in V4.5 I was playing izotope breaktweaker at 16 buffer.. I can not play that in PT under any circumstances, on the very same mac, under 128 buffer (nothing has changed with low buffer native performance regardless what Avid claim.. it's still useless).
Old 11-26-2019, 01:46 AM

Did it and activated already.. Just got the one for December 2020..

I am happy I was able to get it for 95 USD.. that's pretty darn cool.. It means I get to maybe the point where PT has folders and is Catalina compatible. Fingers crossed! Well I guess I am sticking around for a while after all!

PS, back to the topic on hand.. Pro tools expert was basically trying to sell the idea of subs and all the bonus avid was offering.. but it's PT regular users who were shafted the most.. an 101% price increase and almost everything else was unaffected.

I still say it's very cheeky and downright rude of Avid to do this BECAUSE they haven't been making much progress with the software.. it's like they doubled the price and are charging for the most basic of requirements.. software that runs.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
It means I get to maybe the point where PT has folders and is Catalina compatible.
Dammit, that was a good point about Catalina - I'm running my regular 2nd license on an MBP. No plans to swith to Catalina in a hurry, but it will happen one day.

One last year, sigh.

Thanks to 64GTOBOY for the Thomann link, ended up as £91 for me - https://www.thomannmusic.com/avid_pr....htm#bewertung

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-26-2019, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Dammit, that was a good point about Catalina - I'm running my regular 2nd license on an MBP. No plans to swith to Catalina in a hurry, but it will happen one day.

One last year, sigh.

Thanks to 64GTOBOY for the Thomann link, ended up as £91 for me - https://www.thomannmusic.com/avid_pr....htm#bewertung
88 Euros here, with paypal 2.5% conversion penalties was 145 AUD

Anyway that's way better than 345 AUD direct from avid LOL..

Actually i am going to get a second one.. 2 years...it makes sense..

I have to say one thing, as much as Avid annoy me (and they do annoy me a lot)

There was this crazy situation where I had license issues (it was a fault of the website).. it was all very convoluted, back and forth with support to finally get the licenses on my ilok..

and through it all, they gave me a 2 year license instead of a one with my last purchase. This was $99 for two years in other words.. I was supposed to expire December 2018.

They actually told me via email they would remove it as it was in error, but they must have decided to just leave it as they never did.. So I have to at least be honest about that and be thankful for that gesture.

As far as Catalina.. if I get a new mac I'll have no choice in the matter, which is why I was looking at windows (which also has much better performance at 32 and 64 buffer with VI's).

It's crucial for Avid to have compatibility with Catalina as priority one.. Because anyone in existence buying a new mac will get Catalina, out of their control..
This is also why I will keep my imac pro till it's dead (still almost 2 years applecare+ on it).. It can run high sierra and up.. and I'm gonna leave that baby with Mojave until it stops working. But I do need a new laptop..and this catalina business is really making it hard for me to consider apple.
Catalina = shenanigans of the highest order.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:31 AM

I find it totally ridiculous to complain about the shenanigans Avid brings every time, then give them your money and call it a deal. (put a huge FACEPALM emoticon here).

"Stop beating me please, but take that cash to get a new baseball bat".

It is called the Stockholm syndrome, you should check it out before it gets worse!

The only way to pass the message is to stop paying them, otherwise you are just embarrassing yourselves and they laugh at you having your cash upfront....again...

Cheers!

p.s. Is there any BF deal to reinstate my lapsed plan??
Old 11-26-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
I find it totally ridiculous to complain about the shenanigans Avid brings every time, then give them your money and call it a deal. (put a huge FACEPALM emoticon here).
Makes you wonder if they set this latest brushfire to get everyone to run toward the Black Friday sales.
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Patriot - Spark 256GB SSD System Drive
Patriot - Ignite 480GB SSD Work Drive
Hisense 43" 4K Display
Presonus Quantum
OS - Windows 10 Pro

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, Just pee on it and walk away.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post

"Stop beating me please, but take that cash to get a new baseball bat".

It is called the Stockholm syndrome, you should check it out before it gets worse!

The only way to pass the message is to stop paying them, otherwise you are just embarrassing yourselves and they laugh at you having your cash upfront....again...

Cheers!

p.s. Is there any BF deal to reinstate my lapsed plan??
Well, getting it at last year's rate in what seems some kind of retailer anomaly compared to everyone else helps make it a special case, kinda.... the principle of the current outrage is that they doubled the prices overnight. But somehow at Thomann they didn't. So...

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-26-2019, 09:44 AM

as soon as they need to fluff the books for wallstreet they will let people come back in. All these "power moves" are designed to pump money at certain times of the year to make the stock look good. I dont think anyone is falling for this accounting trick. Any major investor is researching by reading forums and what not.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterDecay View Post
Any major investor is researching by reading forums and what not.
Yeah I am sure Wallstreet investors are reading gossip and guessing from disgruntled members on the DUC for ”reasearch” LOL!!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————