Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 05-27-2015, 02:05 PM

Default Clip slide duplicates & groups clips

Note: I initially posted this under "Getting Started" thinking I was probably just missing something obvious, but I now believe this is a bug with PT11, and for the way I am trying to use it it's absolutely crippling. Any help appreciated:

I like to keep things simple and organised so I've named and cleaned up all my clips with names such as "Drums-Verse", "Drums-Chorus", "Bass-Verse", etc.

All I want to do is slide clips around the timeline, for example to insert enough space to add an intro.

Sounds basic, right?
Wrong!

I select all my clips, click-hold, and drag to where I want to slide them.

It works, except what it does is a) create new clips (for ex. "Drums-01") and b) it groups all the clips together (i.e. if I select "Drums-Verse"-"Drums-Chorus"-"Drums-Verse2"-"Drums-Chorus" - 4 neatly named clips - and I slide them, it'll not only slide them but also group them as one new "Drums-01" clip)
AARRGGHHH!!!

Please help - I'm about through my computer out the window!
Thank you in advance.

Just to clarify, these are the methods I've used:
- select (shift-click) multiple clips, click-hold and drag to new location to move them
- select multiple clips, cut, insert cursor at start of new location and paste
- select multiple clips and Edit / Shift
- also select multiple clips and Edit / Repeat (for ex. if I want to repeat the verse-chorus clips to verse-chorus-verse-chorus)
- also select multiple clios and Edit / Duplicate (same as above)

In all these cases I get the same problem, i.e. instead of my clips getting moved or copied, the clips are consolidated into a NEW clip.

Actually this happens on some of my tracks, but not others - go figure!!!

PS: I am using MIDI tracks.

I think this is a bug in PT11 cause I used to do the same thing in previous versions and did not have the problem before. I'm just amazed that I can't find any other reports of this problem!?... Anyone else?...