Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2011, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Pro-Tools LE 8.0.4 on Mac OS X Lion - works for me

Where are Digitechsupport?
At least tell you're trying to work this out. Right now my digi002R, a machine I really like, is useless, because it won't work as MIDI interface for my Lion mac.
After installing all the latest drivers (and then uninstalling them etc'), trashing pref's, I don't know what to do.
DIGI 002R, MacBookPro i7, OS Lion.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:56 AM

I guess there's been no post here in a couple of months. But I just put Lion on my iMac thinking there'd been compatibility updates for PT LE 8. I have 8.0.4.

Seems like everything is working fine for me so far. I have the Mbox 2 and I recorded MIDI using my Axiom 49. It recorded fine. I tried it on Structure LE and a drum plugin. Recorded, played back. I then opened up Garageband and it recorded and played back.

So it seems like it's alright so far. I'm not going to do anything different - not going to update to 8.0.5 or get any new drivers or anything - unless something goes wrong.

Is that how it was for you guys and stuff messed up over time? Or for you guys was it not working correctly as soon as you tried the MIDI. I did get the message about the Incompatible Software and my DigidesignFirewireMIDI, DigidesignMbox2MIDI, and DigiDioMidiDriver plugins are in the "Incompatible Software" folder.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:40 PM

Im always in the dust, just like in this thread. Like I just got Lion on May 15, 2012. Then i get the dreaded message, upon Lion install. So I read...here and there, then decide to have enuf guts to try it. I see some have midi issues. Long short, all works upon first try. I mean i have a yamaha keyboard i use to run EZ drummer and other stuff like Expand2. All good, mind u I just go the lion stuff workin about an hour ago. Hope it continues to werk.

I see apple is bragging about Mountain Lion this summer. I fore sure won't be so gullible about unconsciously upgrading to Mountain Lion. If i had some peoples results as above, I'd be SOL in China. I'd have to can the recording and revert to actually playing...hmmm...maybe we have something here...
Old 05-14-2012, 09:13 PM

I have a Macbook pro with OS 10.7.4 and Pro tools LE 8.0.5 with a digi 003r and no problems. My midi all works, plug ins etc.

your milage may vary

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 05-15-2012, 04:32 AM

As I just loaded Lion earlier today, the message was that incompatible files were put in a folder called incompatible files. Here is what was/is in mine folder. The 5 things. Since im kinduv a greenie on Protools (1.5 years, LE 8.0.4), I don't know what this is telling me. Luckily I use an Mbox mini, seems thats ok over Mbox2. I dont use firewire, so no problem there....just use usb for everything.

#1, 4 and 5 below could effect me i suppose, but remains to be seen how.

1) Read Me.rtf
2) DigidesignFireWireMIDI.plugin
3) DigidesignMbox2MIDI.plugin
4) DigidesignMIDIIODriver.plugin
5) DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin

By the way, as KennyG said in the first post, "installed Lion without really thinking that it may impact ProTools." Yep..i did zaktly same thing...just assumed. When i saw the message, my face flushed and jaw hit the floor and eyeballs popped out. But now, for now, allz good.

Last edited by skronger; 05-15-2012 at 04:35 AM. Reason: i always forget somethin
Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM

Patrick_Loiseleur,

I logged into the forum just to have the chance to say: THANK YOU.

I was trying to install a third-party plugin and it was crashing all the time, and this ended up being caused by the MIDI issues (which I thought were totally unrelated).

Thanks again,

roquini