Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-03-2017, 08:20 AM

Default Mac Pro and protools versions

First post, but long time follower...

I have the Logic ProX and would like to run PT on the same version of OS X and share the HD interface if possible.

What versions of PT HD can I run on either OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or macOS 10.12 (Sierra)? Avid has it's approved list but for example, I heard that PT HD 10 can run on Sierra?

Also, would I be able to share a HD Native Pcie with logic and is the "Legacy interface" 96 io compatible with HD Native or is the OMNI a better choice?

Thanks much for any information .
Old 06-03-2017, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Mac Pro and protools versions

You can find the compatibility chart here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart

So basically it's just PT 12 for those 2 OS versions. Pro Tools 10 HD can be run on Mavericks unofficially and works fine, it's possible to install it on Yosemite but the menus don't work properly, and as far as I understand installing it on anything later just isn't possible.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:59 PM

ok thanks.

I assume that sharing the interface between PT and Logic is not issue?
Old 06-03-2017, 11:33 PM

You can use HDN with LogicX, just need to install drivers and you're all set. Also, the discontinued blue Digidesign interfaces work just fine, only that you need an adapter between HDN and old stuff.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:43 PM

Hi - I have a perpetual account and my ILok is updated yet today when I foolishly tried to upload a bug fix - it has no inactivated all my protools present and past - My ILok -says current - the Avid website says current. I call the support line and it tells me I am not current. I try to open protools and says I am trying to open a version of a license I do not have - but then it shows on the website and in my Ilok that I have it. They won't accept me at customer support. I'm about to tear my hair out. I've lost 8 hours of editing trying to figure out this problem. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWolf View Post
Hi - I have a perpetual account and my ILok is updated yet today when I foolishly tried to upload a bug fix - it has no inactivated all my protools present and past - My ILok -says current - the Avid website says current. I call the support line and it tells me I am not current. I try to open protools and says I am trying to open a version of a license I do not have - but then it shows on the website and in my Ilok that I have it. They won't accept me at customer support. I'm about to tear my hair out. I've lost 8 hours of editing trying to figure out this problem. Any ideas? Thanks.
... and your problem has what to do with this other user's thread?

There is not one detailed factual piece of information in your post. Folks here cannot guess what *exact* version of Pro Tools you have installed, what you mean by a "bug fix" and exactly what version of Pro Tools are licensed for (what exact license does ILM show is on the iLok?). You should start a new thread on DUC and provide that clear information.

Pro Tools 12.6 and later requires you download a new license from your iLok account.

Don't reply here, start a new thread.