Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 08-02-2002, 09:13 AM

Default MPC2000, digi 001 and a triton

I need all of the above to work together, under PT.
is it possible withuot a midi time piece?
Old 08-02-2002, 03:03 PM

Default Re: MPC2000, digi 001 and a triton

MTC.
Midi Time Code.

I think this is your only option.
Set the Triton and the MPC2000 to chase MTC. I don't do much of this sort of thing any more so my info is a little out of date. I tend to use PT as a master for all and just use the hardware as sound modules.

I suggest you experiment with one song until you know the MTC options in each unit/software completely through and through before moving on to start many songs. It could save some grief in the future.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:53 PM

You need to hook up the 001 midi out to the Mpc 2000 midi in and 1 of the Mpc midi outs to the Triton Midi in, if you are using the Mpc as a midi sequencer, ie, the Mpc has all of the programmed info in it and the sounds are coming from the Triton you don't have to set Midi on the Triton, you should set the Mpc to Midi Clock and the Triton in sequencer mode and just make your beats on the Mpc. If you have made your song already in the triton then you need to slave both to midi clock and leave the setup the same. Works for me. Good luck
Old 08-08-2002, 07:52 AM

Remember that the MPC has Midi Thru options (which acts like Midi Thru Box) so you can use Midi A for the 001 and Midi B for your Triton. Make sure on your OMS that the chain of command is 001=MPC=Triton. You should be able to even trigger the triton from ProTools...but it still never hurts to get a midi interface like a microexpress its only a couple hundred bucks. Eventually your going to by more sound modules or synths. Daisy chaining can get a lil messy later on...
I make beats - Love that line
Old 02-10-2003, 10:02 PM

ok i been post this question for months in other places...ok so let me get this right (cause i had to draw a picture first to understand it)i go out of the 001 midi out(to) the mpc midi in(next)midi out the mpc(to) midi in the triton. well this is good but how would the midi info get in to pro tools do i have to conect the out of triton to the in of the 001 cause that way it sound like that would work...what happens if i dont wanto record the midi data onto protools yet will this still continue the midi data when im just oh say make a new beat. holla back
Old 02-13-2003, 12:53 AM

okay....MIDI OUT A and MIDI IN A from the MPC to the 001

MIDI OUT B and MIDI IN B to the Triton.....real easy.........not to hard is it.....cool?
I make beats - Love that line
Old 02-13-2003, 08:52 AM

ok it do sound easy but i got one more question maybe two..but thanks for what you have done already. i been making alot of beats way before i got the pro tools so most of them are on tracks midi chann 1a to 16a so if i was to do it 100% your way i would need to change everything to 1b to 16b but i think i can keep everything the same and just reverse what you said right. next thing i do it the way you said my mpc will still be the master seq. i mean i will still be able do my work on the mpc first then record the midi data to pro tools and then have it control the mpc and the motif later so i can get more tracks recorded once i run out of ins ands and outs....you after i record the first 8 tracks into the 8 chann. i can just assign new sounds to the my mpc and triton out puts and record a new 8.. i hope that all came out right but i really only need a yes or no cause what you have already told has got me onto the right road i just want to make sure before i get my lazy ass and get bussy
thanks a million dude.
Old 02-14-2003, 02:32 PM

OK. This is the way to do it explained as clearly as I can explain it. You want to be able to sync your sequence in the MPC to pro tools, correct? You will have to sync them through midi clock. PT must be the master, so the MPC does not have to talk back to PT, so there should be no midi out from the MPC to the 001.

First, run midi out from the 001 to MPC midi in, either A or B. If you sequence using A then plug the 001 outs into B. If you use B to sequence the Triton sounds on, plug the 001 into input A. You can change which inputs you want the sync to come into in the MPC's sync menu. Lets say you sequence on A. Plug the Triton out into the MPC' input A and the Triton in into the MPC output A. Make sure that your MPC is setup in OMS and that midi clock is selected under the midi menu in PT. All you have to do now is go to the sync menu in the MPC and select Midi Clock as the sync source with the correct sync input (A or B) selected. Now just Hit play on the MPC and hit your space bar. Voila! That was so easy wasn't it?

L-Fire
EMO
Old 03-01-2003, 10:35 AM

Or you could save your MPC sequences as .MID files onto a floppy disk. You can then load the MIDI file into PROTOOLS.

THe 001 midi out can just connect to the TRITON midi IN - and TRITON midi THRU to MPC midi IN.

Peace