How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 06-21-2021, 07:33 AM

Default Re: License / plugins problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
I also choose to Extend my current PT Ultimate license and While those plugins did show in my AVID account with the serial codes (they were in the Carbon dropdown of the MY Products page . I thought they were only supposed to be offered as part of choosing the 1 year subscription plan and not the Extension option .??? I could be wrong but that is how I read the info chart on the Carbon options .

In any case (its been awhile so my memory may be off) I tried downloading and installing them But had problems (either on the download, the install, or the authorization ,can't remember ). the only one I was successful with Arturia Plate

So have we established that the do indeed come with Carbon and are not tied to the Subscription plan ???? If so then I guess I need to try to authorize the others again or start a support ticket given I could only get the one to work
Kev,

I'll let you know what the resolution is. The way I read it, the license for the additional plugs (as listed in my first post) are perpetual. So, even if you didn't own PT before you bought a Carbon, and took the 1 year PT subscription offer, followed by dropping your subscription after a year, you'd still own a perpetual version of PT(standard) up to that point and those 9 plugs, but not the 118 plugin bundle, and not HEAT or those other things you get with subscription.

Dominic
Old 06-21-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
Kev,

I'll let you know what the resolution is. The way I read it, the license for the additional plugs (as listed in my first post) are perpetual. So, even if you didn't own PT before you bought a Carbon, and took the 1 year PT subscription offer, followed by dropping your subscription after a year, you'd still own a perpetual version of PT(standard) up to that point and those 9 plugs, but not the 118 plugin bundle, and not HEAT or those other things you get with subscription.

Dominic
Ok thanks ,, Kev

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 06-22-2021, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Nope, they’re not there. I have the Carbon tab and the only items shown are the ReadMe and the manual.
Well Avid will sort this out for you , when I got Carbon I could see and install/authorise all these plugins but couldn't extend my Ultimate license, it just took 3 days after opening a ticket to be sorted out
Old 06-22-2021, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
I also choose to Extend my current PT Ultimate license and While those plugins did show in my AVID account with the serial codes (they were in the Carbon dropdown of the MY Products page . I thought they were only supposed to be offered as part of choosing the 1 year subscription plan and not the Extension option .??? I could be wrong but that is how I read the info chart on the Carbon options .
I also extended my PT Ultimate license and could install/authorise all the plugs.
Old 06-22-2021, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO View Post
Well Avid will sort this out for you , when I got Carbon I could see and install/authorise all these plugins but couldn't extend my Ultimate license, it just took 3 days after opening a ticket to be sorted out
Yep, I'm sure you're right - I have a case logged and I'm just waiting to hear....

In the meantime, I have to decide what to do about the fan noise. I've got an updated (beta) firmware version which has slowed the fan down, but it's still too noisy and the back of the Carbon is now really hot...overall I'm not getting a good vibe, which is a shame because it sounds fantastic.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Yep, I'm sure you're right - I have a case logged and I'm just waiting to hear....

In the meantime, I have to decide what to do about the fan noise. I've got an updated (beta) firmware version which has slowed the fan down, but it's still too noisy and the back of the Carbon is now really hot...overall I'm not getting a good vibe, which is a shame because it sounds fantastic.
It's really strange that some people, like you, got these loud fan noises, I have Carbon since January, using it everyday I never heard the fan noise and it never got hot at all, just a bit warm like any mic preamp..FYI I use PT Ultimate with a iMac 17,1 which is quite an old computer now.Hope you'll get a solution quickly, Carbon is really a great interface to work with.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:56 AM

Quote:
It's really strange that some people, like you, got these loud fan noises, I have Carbon since January, using it everyday I never heard the fan noise and it never got hot at all, just a bit warm like any mic preamp..FYI I use PT Ultimate with a iMac 17,1 which is quite an old computer now.Hope you'll get a solution quickly, Carbon is really a great interface to work with.
Thanks - yes, it's hard to know if it's a difference between boxes, or just if some people are more sensitive to the noise..
My one behaves the same whether it's plugged into the Mac or not, so it has nothing to do with DSP load.
It's completely usable when there's some music playing, but it's massively irritating when there's no other noise. And it has to be within arms length - you have to be able to press the buttons and turn the controls...
Old 06-22-2021, 05:40 AM

Quote:
I also extended my PT Ultimate license and could install/authorise all the plugs.
Humm I guess I'll have to try to download them again , thanks

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 06-22-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks - yes, it's hard to know if it's a difference between boxes, or just if some people are more sensitive to the noise..
My one behaves the same whether it's plugged into the Mac or not, so it has nothing to do with DSP load.
It's completely usable when there's some music playing, but it's massively irritating when there's no other noise. And it has to be within arms length - you have to be able to press the buttons and turn the controls...
Well I can hear mine but only when my head is within say 2 ft of the front of the unit ( although I do have some hearing loss from 3k to 4k so any fan noise in that range may be reduced to my ears )
Also For me because it's private use me only, What I have done since back before the Carbon is set my levels and then I use the Avid Control app on my iPad when recording myself, and position me and my mic's about 6-8 ft away So I get very little to no , ambient room or fan noise in the track meters.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 06-22-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
It must be a boxes difference cause I'm really sensitive to any kind of noise and Carbon is quite close to me racked between other devices (with a half U space on both sides.