Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Default A THREAD to learn the things we should already know but dont

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to learn the functions in ProTools we dont know how to use but should, not fix problems just learn more about how to use PT program itself. No question is to basic. This can be a thread to ask for assistance on any feature we dont know how to use.
Lets help out our fellow ProToolers to learn the things we need to learn.
HDX HD DIGI MBOX nobody has ever learded everything so lets learn from each other.

My question is can I still use beat detective if it was recorded with no tempo map or click track and is off time
and
Whats is the proper way to create a tempo map with BPM changes.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:14 AM

Default Re: A THREAD to learn the things we should already know but dont

This sux guys I guess you already know everything.
I will try GearSlutz I'm getting the DUC outa here PEACE
Old 02-06-2012, 09:22 AM

Kenny Gioia started a great thread, and I don't think it sux
Old 02-06-2012, 10:34 AM

Plus 1 for Kenny's thread.

The Beat Detective stuff is covered in the manual, plus I'm sure there are a billion videos.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:12 PM

If you're drums were recorded without a click, than Identify Beat, COMMAND I (mac) is probably your best bet. What I've done a couple times with it, is identify the downbeat of each bar, the kick usually, and then quantize it to that, because the tempo can sway bar to bar, so setting long sections at one tempo usually messes it up, especially if there are already other tracks recorded on top of the loose drums.
Pro Tools 10.0
Apogee Duet
M-Audio BX5A's
Old 02-08-2012, 07:09 AM

I don't think it sucked either thats why I borrowed the idea. I hope he doesn't mind. Kinda funny how nobody wanted to get in on this thread but people chimed in to politely mock me. thanks. Seems to me there is a lot of super way to cool people on here. I thought DUC was a forum to help out ProTools users.
Funny how the people who mock other people seem to spend the most time here. The clients must be slow these days if they spend more time on DUC than they do in the studio. They must be super good or did I mean super cool.The difference between me and most people is I know I'm not great and I'm not embarrassed a bit to learn by asking. Egos suck so do the people who have them!!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio View Post
I don't think it sucked either thats why I borrowed the idea. I hope he doesn't mind. Kinda funny how nobody wanted to get in on this thread but people chimed in to politely mock me. thanks. Seems to me there is a lot of super way to cool people on here. I thought DUC was a forum to help out ProTools users.
Funny how the people who mock other people seem to spend the most time here. The clients must be slow these days if they spend more time on DUC than they do in the studio. They must be super good or did I mean super cool.The difference between me and most people is I know I'm not great and I'm not embarrassed a bit to learn by asking. Egos suck so do the people who have them!!!!!
I didn't/don't see any "mocking" going on...at all.
As a matter of fact, the only snarky responses are from you...with the whole "I guess you guys know everything already" comment, then the snarky comments towards the imaginary "mockers."
Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 AM

Huh? I haven't mocked you? What I meant was that you could do a search in the aforementioned thread, and maybe your Q's are already answered there. And, feel free to contribute with your own tips & tricks. That thread could use a little movement, and the added bonus is that there's a lot of cool tricks in one thread, instead of scattered across the entire DUC.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Lover View Post
Huh? I haven't mocked you? What I meant was that you could do a search in the aforementioned thread, and maybe your Q's are already answered there. And, feel free to contribute with your own tips & tricks. That thread could use a little movement, and the added bonus is that there's a lot of cool tricks in one thread, instead of scattered across the entire DUC.
There you go again, you mocker!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwells View Post
There you go again, you mocker!
Sorry?