Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2008, 07:21 PM

Default 003 banking and nudging mystery...

It may only be a mystery to me since I just got the damn thing, but nevertheless, something strange is going on that is baffling me.

Let's say I make a timeline selection at 2 minutes. Now I want to mute a click track for instance, but it's not immediately available on the channel strip, so I bank or nudge my way to it by pressing either of the respective buttons on the 003 and use the directional pad to navigate until the track is in view. Works fine. The only thing is, I want to KEEP my timeline selection exactly where it is. But NOPE, as soon as I use the d-pad to navigate, it resets the selection to zero!

I swam through the preferences looking for any setting that might be causing this to happen from inside PT but only found a setting where I could stop the edit window from following the bank selection. I got nothin'....

Is this just the way it's supposed to work? If so, then I don't understand how that helps streamline the editing process. It slows me down when I just want to make a quick change to a track that's not in view and don't want to leave where I'm at edit wise.

I’m running LE 7.3 on XP home service pack 2
Digi 003
Music XPC C5x
Processor : Core2Duo 2.4
Physical Memory: 2 gig RAM
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 6400

Plugins:
Miroslav Philharmonik
Amplitube 2
T-Racks 24
EZ Drummer
EZ Player
Xpand!
Timeshift
Phase Scope
BF Essentials
Old 02-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Default Re: 003 banking and nudging mystery...

Sorry to bug anybody with my persistence, but apparently thats what it takes. I know questions about the basics are a dime a dozen around here, as well as the inexperienced user who pops in once every five months because they need help and disappear on a whim. I am one of those people and am guilty of the same thing unfortunately. Hopefully I will have more time available to be more active on these boards, but until I am as experienced as the majority, I would really appreciate some help right now. Theres got to be someone who owns a Digi 003 factory on the boards here somewhere who knows what I'm talking about.

One more time...

Does anybody know why when you bank or nudge tracks with the directional pad on the digi 003 factory, your timeline-edit selection resets to zero and you have to make a selection all over again?