Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2003, 06:27 PM

Default Ways to use protools AND logic.

Looking in to getting Logic to do midi. What are the ways people are joining the two to do midi in Logic and keep audio in PT? Perhaps there is already a good link I can be directed to? Thanks
ps. I'm not selling my PT.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Ways to use protools AND logic.

hmmmm. I'm pretty sure many people do this. I'd realy appreciate any coments. thanks
Old 02-11-2003, 12:09 AM

i know also, i currently have an 001 and logic and want to use my 001's midi interface for logic, i know on a mac you can do this through the oms, pc, I haven't figured it out yet, but i 've seen it done so I know you can do it, any pointers anyone?
Old 02-11-2003, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monkey:
What are the ways people are joining the two to do midi in Logic and keep audio in PT?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just picked up Logic a week or so ago. I set Pro Tools to transmit MIDI timecode, MIDI beat clock, and MIDI machine control, to an IAC bus. I then put Logic into Auto-sync mode. That's all it took. I had the two programs locked together within 15 minutes of installing.

The trouble with computers, of course, is that they're very sophisticated idiots.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:50 AM

I don't but it seems like a waste of time to chase.....if your doing MIDI in Logic just print your passes one by one in Logic start on the same reference point...when your done export your audio files or even copy your files in the new ProTools session and Import Audio To Track and "BAM" all your tracks (since they start at the same reference point) Start and it labels the audio track....its easy to record in Logic....You spend more time changing windows....anyways...I wouldnt be surprise if you work in Logic (oh here is another cool thing you can do more then 24 audio tracks in Logic Platinum...infact more then 32)

I have been running Logic and Using ProTools back and forth and everything is lovely....but dont' waste your time chasing...
I make beats - Love that line