Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2021, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Multi channel sync issue

OK, thanks Jfreak for your time and explanation! I'll try to it in PT then, as it's an audio sync issue.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:42 AM

No problem. Once you know how many samples you need to move, use the same amoung on every file and there will not be any phasing.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:33 AM

Some of the less expensive wireless audio transmitters and receivers have some pretty gnarly latency to them. Sennheiser AVX for example is 19ms. There are some cameras that also mess with timecode accuracy a little too, like some Reds.

If the timecode is correct on the video, have you tried just syncing it with the original audio rushes/dailes in MC, rather than the camera sound? I would have thought that would have been a lot easier than trying to readjust the camera sound.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.

Last edited by LDS; 06-23-2021 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:22 AM

Yeah, the digital latency is annoying indeed. The Tentacle Track E should not suffer from it, as it it runs on TC.
The problem is the amount of footage which is out of sync. I think it eventually will be fixed by audio post (which is unfortunately not done by me).
Old 06-24-2021, 06:30 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnievanoverveld View Post
Hi,

For a Dutch TV series, the video department has recorded audio on camera and with the new Tentacle Track E. Strange thing is that audio on camera is 1,5 frame out of sync (Later). So; track 1 (Tentacle), right timing, track 2 and 3 camera audio (1,5 late).
We now want to do media management in Avid MC, but want to first get rid of the delay. Is there a program (Soundminer?) which can take care of this problem in batch (lots of data!)? It's important to keep the timecode meta data in the files, but cut the 1,5 frame delay.

I hope I described it understandable ;-).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Ronnie
Sound Devices Wave Agent app allows you to tweak the start TC of files but you can't "offset" them in batch I don't think.
Also, you can't do half frames in this scenario. They'll need to be all manually synced or use something like Plural Eyes.

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 06-24-2021, 10:15 PM

Check AbsentiaDX.com

Or soundradix.com/products/auto-align-post/

Those are the best tools I know to Align location audio. The AbsentiaDX is a Pro-Tools plugin, but also a stand alone application that can batch process folder's of .wav footage, and align phase. And those new .wav are ready for Media Composer import. And it retain all the original metadata from the source location broadcast wav files.

You need to select "a guide track", like the Boom on track 1. It will align all the other tracks in phase with the guide. It can work awesome for a few frames offsync.

À+

Last edited by Luc Bernard; 06-24-2021 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:10 AM

Thanks Vedat en Luc for your replies, sorry for my late reply!

AbsentiaDX seems like a good option there then, I'll look into that!