Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 05-20-2014, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Gobbler Issues

I've had a few issues with Gobbler over the past year, but they have been fantastic at addressing any issues quickly. They really seem to take customer service very seriously an email will certainly get you a response.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonLyon View Post
As some of you have noticed, we've just released the promised update with several fixes, primarily in the area of transfers. You should get an auto-update notice the next time you launch Gobbler.

I can assure you this update is not perfect, but we will continue to work on reliability with each new release.

Again, if you have any problems, please email support at gobbler dot com immediately.

Thanks,
Gordon
Guys, take a look at this message from Gordon at Gobbler. It reads like a human wrote it. No corporate speak. Can't say enough great things about my experiences with Gordon at Gobbler. Nobody like to deal with buggy software and a company that hides behind BS. Through all of the growing pains this company has been upfront and quick to respond. Gordon gets it. There must be something good going on over there. The guys responsible for your favorite PT features think so. :)

Seriously give Gobbler another shot if you have had issues in the past.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cole View Post
Guys, take a look at this message from Gordon at Gobbler. It reads like a human wrote it. No corporate speak. Can't say enough great things about my experiences with Gordon at Gobbler. Nobody like to deal with buggy software and a company that hides behind BS. Through all of the growing pains this company has been upfront and quick to respond. Gordon gets it. There must be something good going on over there. The guys responsible for your favorite PT features think so. :)

Seriously give Gobbler another shot if you have had issues in the past.
You go first and let me know how it is in 6 months. I just can't have another client call me saying my delivery won't open.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 05-21-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonx1 View Post
You go first and let me know how it is in 6 months. I just can't have another client call me saying my delivery won't open.
Used it yesterday. No problems
Old 05-21-2014, 12:55 PM

I used it Monday to send an lt/rt, got this from the director and the online editor: "the lt/rt file is not opening". Re-uploaded, and they were able to download and open.

Ever since the update, I haven't had any problems uploading anymore, which is great. Hopefully the weblink download system can be made more reliable.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:53 PM

The new update is working very well for me ... I've been sending multiply public links every day for the last two weeks and no problems either end. Faster than ever also ... can't complain ..

www.spoonsound.com