Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Keep losing automation points

I was wondering if someone could please help me. I am using a dual 2.0 G5 with LE 6.7. I am trying to automate a 75 minute mix and for some reason my automation keeps changing on its own. For example, I will have a certain part of a track muted until the next track comes in but the mute points keep changing. I will write the automation so maybe minutes 1:00 - 1:30 should be muted on track one, then start to play at 1:30. however, the entire track is staying muted, it doesn't remember when to "unmute".

if I go back and check the automation after recording it, it plays correctly. But if I save and start from the top the entire track is staying muted. I hope that makes sense. Everytime I fix it, it does the same thing all over again. Any suggestions?

Also, if I record my automation then edit my mix, such as move tracks around do I lose my automation for those tracks? This isn't what happened in this case, but I was wondering because I need to delete something and bring everything forward by a few minutes but was wondering if I will lose my auto. thanks in advance.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Avid

Default Re: Keep losing automation points

Is this problem happening in this session or all sessions?

I would first start by trashing preferences - if that doesn't work it could possibly be session corruption - try using 'Import Session Data' and import all the tracks into a new session.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:09 PM

Thank you for your response. It has been happening the past few projects I have worked on. Should I try trashing the preferences? I assume I can find the correct way to do that under the answerbase?

Thanks again for your help.

Is there anything in particular that would corrupt a session?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Avid

You can find info on trashing preferences in the 'Setup and General Troubleshooting' sticky at the top of this forum.

There's usually no 'typical' reason a session corrupts - possibly a drive read or write error or maybe a bit of data being read or written to RAM incorrectly.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:05 PM

Thank you very much for your time and help.