Old 01-09-2014, 02:06 PM

Default PT LE 8.X Licenses

Hey gang. Running my Eleven Rack with PT LE 8.X still on:

- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6400, Intel 2.13GHz
- 2MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz Front Side Bus
- 4 GIG PC2-4200 memory
- External hardrive for recording

It works, but I just inherited my daughter's old HP i5 laptop with Windows 7.

Does my license allow me to install PT LE 8.X on more than one computer? Same question for 11R drivers.

Also, I recall when either installing PT LE 8.X or the 11R upgrade, I had to uninstall Internet Explorer 8/9. Is that still the case with Windows 7 and whatever browser it comes with?

I'm a home hobbyist/guitar player so upgrading from PT LE 8.X offers me little. Does all I need. But now, maybe with drastically better performance.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:04 PM

Default PT LE 8.X Licenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzler View Post
Hey gang. Running my Eleven Rack with PT LE 8.X still on:

- Windows Vista Home Premium

- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6400, Intel 2.13GHz

- 2MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz Front Side Bus

- 4 GIG PC2-4200 memory

- External hardrive for recording

It works, but I just inherited my daughter's old HP i5 laptop with Windows 7.

Does my license allow me to install PT LE 8.X on more than one computer? Same question for 11R drivers.)
Yes you can install Pro Tools LE in as many computers as you want, the licensing is it only works when a valid interface is connected. You should install 8.0.3 (the last full installer) then the 8.0.5. Update. Installers are here http://secure.digidesign.com/service...rticleId=43353

There are no drivers you should have to install, they are included in Pro Tools LE (8.0.3 and later IIRC).

Make sure the computer is running Windows 7 SP1 before you start and that the audio drive is 7,200 rpm or faster if a HDD or is an SSD. With used computers I would normally want to wipe Windows and do a full recovery or clean install.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Also, I recall when either installing PT LE 8.X or the 11R upgrade, I had to uninstall Internet Explorer 8/9. Is that still the case with Windows 7 and whatever browser it comes with?)
You should not need to worry, I am pretty sure that problem only affected the firmware update part. Do not do that again, you just need to run the Pro Tools update part to add the later expansion pack changes to the GUI in Pro Tools.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:50 PM

Default Re: PT LE 8.X Licenses

Thank you. Yes, it has a clean install as the reason for the "donation" to dad was her hard drive failed and it was still under warranty so it was wiped and a new drive was installled. I do have an external drive for the audio.