Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-07-2021, 07:54 AM

Default Pro tools 11 download problem from Avid Website

I have been trying to download Protools 11 to a second, slighter newer MacBook Air (2013). The Avid website obscures the downloads with a black bar emanating from the left side of the screen. I suspect this is because of the old operating system (OSX 10.9.5) (as the problem doesn't happen with my Macbook Pro), but anything newer than this operating system is incompatible with Protools 11. Catch 22! Is there any way that I can successfully download Protools 11 and drivers to my MacBook Air? Also, Protools 11 is not one of the download options, so do I need to download Protools 10? Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
Old 01-03-2022, 06:13 PM

Default Problem: Pro Tools 11.2.2

Hello,

I wanted to post the following message to "Contact Us" at Avid and got blocked at every turn so I will try here.

Less than a week ago, I received a new computer, for 2 main purposes using Pro Tools and Unreal Game development. I was having trouble with both with my previous system. ProTools would often crash and Unreal was a mess. It was a Windows 8.1 system and moved to a Win10 system. I also own and use the Eleven Rack a lot!!! In fact, the Eleven Rack is needed to be powered up so I can load up Pro Tools, if I should turn off the Eleven Rack, Pro Tools will shut down, I don't know why? I use the Eleven Rack as both an interface, for its own sounds, and, of course, so Pro Tools will run. I now realise that there is a lot of problems using the Eleven Rack with Windows 10 after asking the below on the Avid forums.

Anyway, I had the installer for 11.2.2 and copied it to the new computer and during the installation it informed me that I needed to download QuickTime. I went looking for the latest version of QuickTime and it would not install at all!?! So, I tried continuing the the PT installation and at the end it told me it had failed. I had the iLok dongle in the computer to make sure it knew I had the activation. I thought it might be a problem with the installer, so, went looking for a legacy installer for 11.2.2 and there was NO installer for 11 at all only 10 and 12.5 which I don't have licenses to use.

So, would anyone here be able to tell me what I should do now, to ensure that the program will work on my new computer system? Even if the Eleven Rack will not.

Thankyou and Regards,
Vaughan.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP

Last edited by Vercingetorix; 01-03-2022 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 11 download problem from Avid Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by drubes View Post
I have been trying to download Protools 11 to a second, slighter newer MacBook Air (2013). The Avid website obscures the downloads with a black bar emanating from the left side of the screen. I suspect this is because of the old operating system (OSX 10.9.5) (as the problem doesn't happen with my Macbook Pro), but anything newer than this operating system is incompatible with Protools 11. Catch 22! Is there any way that I can successfully download Protools 11 and drivers to my MacBook Air? Also, Protools 11 is not one of the download options, so do I need to download Protools 10? Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
Having the same problem just got a new computer had the installer I got when I upgraded but when I ran it got a message saying it needed QuickTime - download it and QuickTime wouldn't run at all. Went looking for the legacy installer and you are right it isn't there. I don't have a license for 10 or 12.5 so for the time being I feel like Avid is forcing me to the Subscription model. Tried contacting support but how do you sum up all the problems in less than 255 characters. For instance, I can't even load up Pro Tools with the Eleven Rack being turned on.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-03-2022, 06:28 PM

Default Pro Tools 11.2.2 Question?

Hello,

I wanted to send this message to "Contact Us" but couldn't so I am trying to get a response here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Less than a week ago, I received a new computer, for 2 main purposes using Pro Tools and Unreal Game development. I was having trouble with both with my previous system. ProTools would often crash and Unreal was a mess. It was a Windows 8.1 system and moved

to a Win10 system. I also own and use the Eleven Rack a lot!!! In fact, the Eleven Rack is needed to be powered up so I can load up Pro Tools, if I should turn off the Eleven Rack, Pro Tools will shut down, I don't know why? I use the Eleven Rack as both an interface, for its own sounds, and, of course, so Pro Tools will run. I now realise that there is a lot of problems using the Eleven Rack with Windows 10 after asking the below on the Avid forums.

Anyway, I had the installer for 11.2.2 and copied it to the new computer and during the installation it informed me that I needed to download QuickTime. I went looking for the latest version of QuickTime and it would not install at all!?! So, I tried continuing the the PT installation and at the end it told me it had failed. I had the iLok dongle in the computer to make sure it knew I had the activation. I thought it might be a problem with the installer, so, went looking for a legacy installer for 11.2.2 and there was NO installer for 11 at all only 10 and 12.5 which I don't have licenses to use.

So, would you please tell me what I should do now, to ensure that the program will work on my new computer system? Even if the Eleven Rack will not.

Thankyou and Regards,
Vaughan.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-03-2022, 06:37 PM

Hello,

I was hoping to send this message to "Contact Us" on the Avid website, but could not, so hoping to to get a reply here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Less than a week ago, I received a new computer, for 2 main purposes using Pro Tools and Unreal Game development. I was having trouble with both with my previous system. ProTools would often crash and Unreal was a mess. It was a Windows 8.1 system and moved to a Win10 system. I also own and use the Eleven Rack a lot!!! In fact, the Eleven Rack is needed to be powered up so I can load up Pro Tools, if I should turn off the Eleven Rack, Pro Tools will shut down, I don't know why? I use the Eleven Rack as both an interface, for its own sounds, and, of course, so Pro Tools will run. I now realise that there is a lot of problems using the Eleven Rack with Windows 10 after asking the below on the Avid forums.

So, would you please tell me what I should do now, to ensure that the program will work on my new computer system? Even if the Eleven Rack will not.

Thankyou and Regards,
Vaughan.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-03-2022, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11.2.2 Question?

As has been pointed out to you multiple times in other threads Pro Tools 11 is not supported and will not run on Windows 10. You need to upgrade Pro Tools to a version that will. Which means paying Avid for a subscription. Keeping posting new threads on DUC will not change this reality.

The Eleven Rack on Windows 10 should *not* be a problem, its driver should work. The Editor however may be a different matter. Again all pointed out to you recently in other threads.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-03-2022 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:42 PM

Hello,

I wanted to send this message to Avid's "Contact Us" and could not, so, am hoping I might get a response here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So, would you please tell me what I should do now, to ensure that the program will work on my new computer system? Even if the

Eleven Rack will not.

Thankyou and Regards,
Vaughan.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-04-2022, 08:57 AM

Hi Vaughan,

This chart should help with your issues. The best course of action I can suggest is to upgrade to a compatible version of Pro Tools.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-06-2022, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Hi Vaughan,

This chart should help with your issues. The best course of action I can suggest is to upgrade to a compatible version of Pro Tools.
I understand that I cannot install Pro Tools 11.2.2 on Windows 10 - I understand it because I experienced it first hand. Don't really understand why, I guess it's just one of those things I will have to live with, like I suppose the big bang theory contradicting quantum mechanics.

Now as a representative for Avid on these forums is there anything you can do to help secure me with a perpetual license? So, I can continue to use Pro Tools without the need for an annual/monthly subscription and continue my (not so) merry way for the foreseeable future.

I do not want to deal with an Avid reseller here in Australia because as Daryl Ramm will gleefully tell you I am totally incompetent and wants to make all my posts on the Avid forum public, and the trading in of a license (11.2.2 to 12.5) and other stuff that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

So, what can you do the help me? I am willing to pay, but, want to real with a real person who understands what I am after.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-06-2022, 11:15 PM

Call any US reseller like sweetwater etc. and ask if they have old stock of that Get Current promo (ended last year) or even older Reinstatement (not renewal) of Support And Update Plan. All you are buying is a code you can use at avid.com to redeem your current license.

Meanwhile you can try the 30-day trial license, but you can only do it once.