Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-14-2023, 05:16 AM

Default Missing Parameters - Sonnox EQ

I've already been in touch with Sonnox support regarding this, who said they have been in touch with Avid, but I wanted to raise it here to see if it's affecting other people as well.

I use the Sonnox EQ a lot, and have had a custom map for it on my S3 at the studio and my S1 in my small home set up. I am now finding that the High Frequency band is missing from the custom mapping entirely, as though it isn't being reported to Eucon somehow. Similarly, I used to be able to enable the High and Low Pass filters using the stock EQ knob set on the S3, but now the 'In' buttons that used to engage them do nothing.

is anyone else seeing this behaviour? I am very much hoping this is a simple fix between Avid and Sonnox, as it's really messing with my muscle memory and slowing me down considerably.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:33 AM
Avid

Default Re: Missing Parameters - Sonnox EQ

Click here (On PC I hold Ctl, not sure on Mac) to see the plugin page tables that they provide to us. Select the EUCON 8*1 and then look at the Pages and see if you can find the control you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-03-15 093107.jpg (69.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-15-2023, 09:47 AM

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for jumping in on this one. I've just had a look at the tables, and the parameters seem to be there - how do I get Eucon to see them to add to a custom layout?

Cheers.
Old 03-15-2023, 10:28 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Allen View Post
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for jumping in on this one. I've just had a look at the tables, and the parameters seem to be there - how do I get Eucon to see them to add to a custom layout?

Cheers.
They should automatical be there. Where are you not seeing them. FYI these are insert knob maps not the EUCON EQ/DYN which are limited to the general controls.
On the inserts pages can you try and see if they are apearing in the corrent order?
Old 03-15-2023, 10:40 AM

They are missing in the Custom Inserts Tab. Everything seems to be in the right order, but Page 4 is missing, which contains all the High Freq band related parameters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9991.jpg (34.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9992.jpg (58.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-15-2023, 10:47 AM
Avid

Quote:
They are missing in the Custom Inserts Tab. Everything seems to be in the right order, but Page 4 is missing, which contains all the High Freq band related parameters.
But do you see page 4 when on the normal inserts knobs? What version of S6 are you on?
Old 03-15-2023, 10:52 AM

Ah, sorry, misunderstood. I just deleted the Custom map to check the normal Inserts pages, and it runs up to Page 3, but Page 4 is missing there also.

I'm on an S3 rather than S6...that pic is just my iPad doing a good impression of the Master Touch Module!
Old 03-15-2023, 11:11 AM
Avid

Hopefully good news. I just checked and we think this is already fixed in PT 23.3
Old 03-15-2023, 11:12 AM

That's great news. Many thanks Eddie. Any idea when in the month 23.3 might be released?

I'll update the thread when I've tested it.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:16 AM
Avid

Quote:
That's great news. Many thanks Eddie. Any idea when in the month 23.3 might be released?

I'll update the thread when I've tested it.
Not sure but soon, I hope. I just download Sonnox EQ and it does show 4 pages on the S3 in the PT23.3 beta so I'm confident its fixed now.