Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2013, 08:19 AM

Default Pro Tools 10, Focusrite Pro 14 and Eleven rack

Since I installed my new Eleven Rack, my system no longer sees my Focusrite Pro 14 as an audio interface...in fact it doesn't see it at all? What I am trying to do is use the Pro 14 as the digital interface via firewire and route the Eleven Rack audio through the Pro 14 via spdi/f while continuing to maintain the USB connection to the Rack Eleven for configuration purposes. So far the system will not even recognize the Pro 14 but does see the Rack Eleven via its USB connection. Anyone have an input on how to resolve this problem?

Cheers,
Old 09-22-2013, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10, Focusrite Pro 14 and Eleven rack

Try holding down the "N" key when you launch Protools. Hopefully you'll see it as an option. Assuming that works, it should show up fine after that (you won't have to hold down the N key).
Old 09-22-2013, 12:51 PM

Tried the "N" key but no joy. When I boot the Pro 14 software without launching Pro Tools it now says it cannot find the fire wire device. I am starting to wonder if the install of ProTools/Eleven Rack reconfigured my fire wire interface/port. In the network setup, fire wire seems to be running auto dhcp....any more thoughts?
Old 09-22-2013, 01:44 PM

UPDATE. Got Protools and firewire to work with Pro 14 but NOW I cannot find Eleven Rack hardware in Protools anywhere??? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Focusrite

Quote:
In the network setup, fire wire seems to be running auto dhcp....any more thoughts?
You want to remove the Firewire from the Network Settings when using it for an audio interface as this can take up bandwidth.

Do you have connectivity of the Saffire and Saffire MixControl?

Can you currently get playback from other programs, such as iTunes?

What are the system specs?

Please feel welcome to contact us directly for support: http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Best regards.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/