WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-28-2019, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools reinstatement plans axed from Jan 1st 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
true
Thanks for clearing it up!

I’ll stay whatever last version will have and forget about Avid bulsh**. Now I regret the day I switched from Nuendo. Thanks for the nightmare Avid and ADIOS.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I cannot update my old Adobe or Microsoft without subscription so what was your point again?
How about making a valid argument with something more relevant, like another comparative company or DAW, Nuendo, Cubase Pro, Sequoia, Studio One etc, for example??

How convenient is to always use Adobe or Microsoft when you want to justify Avid's subscription model! Seriously? You believe that this works? It's like comparing my Netflix subscription with my gym.

Adobe and Microsoft provide a bunch of apps for a reasonable fee...Avid charges much more money for just one app and the penalty fee if the plan is due...plus all the shenanigans that followed.
Even at that general level the comparison is moot.

If you can't see how ridiculous that is, comparing apples to oranges, then, sorry.....you're pretty hopeless my dear...

Cheers!
Old 11-28-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
How about making a valid argument with something more relevant, like another comparative company or DAW, Nuendo, Cubase Pro, Sequoia, Studio One etc, for example??

How convenient is to always use Adobe or Microsoft when you want to justify Avid's subscription model! Seriously? You believe that this works? It's like comparing my Netflix subscription with my gym.

Adobe and Microsoft provide a bunch of apps for a reasonable fee...Avid charges much more money for just one app and the penalty fee if the plan is due...plus all the shenanigans that followed.
Even at that general level the comparison is moot.

If you can't see how ridiculous that is, comparing apples to oranges, then, sorry.....you're pretty hopeless my dear...

Cheers!
True !
Old 11-28-2019, 03:09 PM

So, for someone who absolutely needs to have PT, what’s the difference between being on a subscription plan and having a perpetual license that you’re forced to update every year or you loose the possibility to update that license(with a rebate acknowledging the amount invested in the past) unless you pay eternally????

Blink
Old 11-28-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
So, for someone who absolutely needs to have PT, what’s the difference between being on a subscription plan and having a perpetual license that you’re forced to update every year or you loose the possibility to update that license(with a rebate acknowledging the amount invested in the past) unless you pay eternally????
What do you mean? Explain yourself.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:42 PM

Default Pro Tools reinstatement plans axed from Jan 1st 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkofani View Post

Blink

With a perpetual license, you still have the ability to run the last current version of Pro Tools once your plan expires.

With a subscription, Pro Tools will no longer run. You are left with nothing to open your projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sardi; 11-28-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
Was just commenting to "any other software company", not necessarily DAW
Old 11-28-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
With a perpetual license, you still have he ability to run the last current version of Pro Tools once your plan expires.

With a subscription, Pro Tools will no longer run. You are left with nothing to open your projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but if you’re on Mac you better not update your OS ever or your perpetual license will be unusable...

Blink