Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 09-04-2022, 04:12 PM

Default Feature Request

Is there a forum for feature requests? If so, I'll move this there.
I think it would be really cool to have a single plugin display like the EQ graph or Send fader focus on an insert in the mixer view. Now that SSL 360 is available, and other plugins like Clarity that let you view more than one plugin at a time, it would be helpful for example on buses to see all your comp or tape saturation controls for one insert at once. Carry on.
Old 09-04-2022, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Feature Request

Hmmm, I'm maybe a bit confused. We can see EQ curves(View>MIX window shows) and you can see mini faders for any/all sends by Ctrl-clicking the little chiclet at the left of any send

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-04-2022, 04:58 PM

Yes, as I mentioned, you can see an EQ curve for some EQs and a send fader in sends view, but "Now that SSL 360 is available, and other plugins like Clarity that let you view more than one plugin at a time, it would be helpful for example on buses to see all your comp or tape saturation controls for one insert at once." So I'm dreaming of seeing my comp controls or tape saturation drive controls on all my mix buses without having to open each plugin. It would be exteremly handy when mixing. Hope that is a little clearer.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean shannon View Post
Yes, as I mentioned, you can see an EQ curve for some EQs and a send fader in sends view, but "Now that SSL 360 is available, and other plugins like Clarity that let you view more than one plugin at a time, it would be helpful for example on buses to see all your comp or tape saturation controls for one insert at once." So I'm dreaming of seeing my comp controls or tape saturation drive controls on all my mix buses without having to open each plugin. It would be exteremly handy when mixing. Hope that is a little clearer.
Still not clear enough...
Old 09-04-2022, 06:44 PM

Not all plugins “report” to the software. That’s why some show in eq box and some don’t.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:07 PM

I'm not looking for a display of gain reduction or EQ curve, we already have that on the channels.

I'm saying you could select "view insert A", and the insert column would become controls for the plugin on insert A, similar to when you select "view send A", you see a fader and controls for the send on A. Mixbus does something similar to this.

So for example if you have a tape sim on 12 mix buses on insert A, when you select to "view insert A", the controls for that plugin are accessible on all the tracks, like drive, mix, etc. That way you could adjust the tape drive control for each track while in mixer view without having to open each plugin.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
Still not clear enough...
This would put the controls for a plugin on that insert in the channel strip on the mixer strip. See?
Old 09-04-2022, 10:16 PM

That won't happen and is a GUI nightmare.
The only reason sends can do that is it is standardised (by Avid)
What a nightmare to have random controls based on third-party developers (with varying knobs/controls) shoving down the channel strips.

If you want something like this, get a Eucon surface. Eucon has these abilities to have mapped controls of a plugin just by flipping through tracks always available on the Channel tab (or on an S4/S6, process module.)

Otherwise, just take the plugin out of target mode and put the same plugin on the same insert slot. When you go track by track, it will change to that track on the plugin and always stay up without having to open the plugin.

(as for feature requests, there's a place in Avid Link for that now. But this one will never happen because it is )
Old 09-04-2022, 10:47 PM

Mixbus does what I am suggesting and it's extremely handy for mixing, so it's already being done, and it's very handy. I'd like to see something like that in PT. But this is not the place. Cheers.
Old 09-05-2022, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean shannon View Post
I'm not looking for a display of gain reduction or EQ curve, we already have that on the channels.

I'm saying you could select "view insert A", and the insert column would become controls for the plugin on insert A, similar to when you select "view send A", you see a fader and controls for the send on A. Mixbus does something similar to this.

So for example if you have a tape sim on 12 mix buses on insert A, when you select to "view insert A", the controls for that plugin are accessible on all the tracks, like drive, mix, etc. That way you could adjust the tape drive control for each track while in mixer view without having to open each plugin.
You can already link plugin control with the group selection tick boxes. It is also possible to leave a plugin on screen whilst opening others. This sounds like a very specific request that can already be achieved, unless I misunderstood you.