How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2014, 12:32 PM

Default Issue with Avid: Pro Tools 10 and Retina Display/Mavericks

Hi,

I'm normally more of an onlooker in forums than a contributor, mostly because I normally lack any desire to say anything in particular.

But, I have one issue that is really annoying the hell out of me with Avid - I, like many people am stuck on Pro Tools 10 for the time being until absolutely everything I need is ported to AAX. I am all for everyone moving forward, I am as up to date as I possibly can be software-wise, all the time. I like new versions of things and I hate being on old software because new releases make me excited and keep things interesting - unfortunately on this one particular release I don't have much of a choice, but we'll get there!

Now for the issue: I realise that Avid's focus is going to be on Pro Tools 11, and I'm glad they've addressed further issues in 10 with 10.3.8. I think it's great they're still looking back to these issues for us all. But considering they know there are going to be a considerable number of professionals who are going to be slow-adopters of Pro Tools 11 and AAX… it'd be really nice if they could patch the uninstall and dual 10/11 install issues with Mavericks for 10.3.9 so that everyone on PT10 can update their machines and benefit from the performance boost of the new OS… and secondly… PLEASE update 10 to utilise retina graphics!

I work between a HD system and my laptop - For f*** sake. It is so awful working on a retina display. The blurry non-retina graphics are getting really tiresome. I would assume half of the graphics work has been done with PT11, save for some interface changes.

I don't think I'm asking anything unrealistic here - these seem like very simple things that are being deliberately ignored to frustrate PT10 users into biting the bullet and upgrading before they're ready to. Believe me, I want to, and I will - but I think I speak for a lot of users when I say that. But considering the amount of money collectively spent by us, the users, on Avid products over the years…. it'd be really great and a testament to the company actually giving a s*** about it's users if AVID could just do one significant 10 update to make it a little more pleasant to work with while everyone works towards a transition to 11.

Please, someone at AVID, do something.