Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2010, 10:03 PM

Question Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade/Activation Issue

Having an issue with crossgrading to PT9 from PTLE...

I've seen several threads on this but I haven't found one that gives the solution (though at least one is referenced but no link provided). Can someone point me in the right direction to a good thread with a solution, or possibly let me know how to fix my problem?

Issue is as follows below (and is directly copied from the case I opened up with Avid but I don't want to wait until tomorrow for an answer if that is possible, so any help would be appreciated):

- The Avid Activation and Authorization Page's Hardware Serial Number section will not recognize the serial number from my 003 to proceed with activation and download;

- Nor will it recognize my Pro Tools Authorization code from my products account, which from what I have read on the DUC is what is supposed to be the number used.

Again, if anyone can help, it would be appreciated...otherwise I have gotta contact Avid or Sweetwater for the help. Thanks...

Pro Tools 9 / Digidesign 003 Console / Mac Pro 8 Core 2.26 GHz Intel Xeon / OS X / 8 GB RAM / Black Lion Audio Micro Clock Mk II / M-Audio AxiomPro 61 / Presonus Studio Channel and Eureka Channel Strips, Faderport USB Controller and Central Station Control Center / ART Headamp 6 Pro / M-Audio Uno 1 x 1 / Yamaha DTX Express IV Special / POD X3 Live / Yamaha HS50-HS10 combo, M-Audio AV40 / Plugins galore
Old 12-10-2010, 07:07 AM

Angry Re: Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade/Activation Issue

I'm having the exact same problem with MBox 2, followed all the steps, soon as it gets to serial number, no joy, e-mailed AVID, waiting for reply.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade/Activation Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimutt View Post
Nor will it recognize my Pro Tools Authorization code from my products account, which from what I have read on the DUC is what is supposed to be the number used.
This is not correct. You are supposed to use the hardware serial number located on a sticker on the back of your 003R (Not Protools Authorization Code). That is what I used and it work fine.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 12-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimutt View Post
Having an issue with crossgrading to PT9 from PTLE...

I've seen several threads on this but I haven't found one that gives the solution (though at least one is referenced but no link provided). Can someone point me in the right direction to a good thread with a solution, or possibly let me know how to fix my problem?

Issue is as follows below (and is directly copied from the case I opened up with Avid but I don't want to wait until tomorrow for an answer if that is possible, so any help would be appreciated):

- The Avid Activation and Authorization Page's Hardware Serial Number section will not recognize the serial number from my 003 to proceed with activation and download;

- Nor will it recognize my Pro Tools Authorization code from my products account, which from what I have read on the DUC is what is supposed to be the number used.

Again, if anyone can help, it would be appreciated...otherwise I have gotta contact Avid or Sweetwater for the help. Thanks...
Are you entering the hardware serial number off the back of your unit?

Are you also making sure to enter your iLok account name - not the serial number off your iLok? The account name is the one you enter when logging in to iLok.com.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:58 AM

Talking Re: Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade/Activation Issue

Thank you for this post. The fact that I had to enter my iLok account name (which iLok calls the User ID) and not my iLok account serial number (which BTW is also NOT found on the iLok itself) was critical.

This has now allowed me to download my licenses to my Digi002 iLock!

Yay!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
This is not correct. You are supposed to use the hardware serial number located on a sticker on the back of your 003R (Not Protools Authorization Code). That is what I used and it work fine.
I have a 003 console, recently loaded PT9 on a new Mac Pro quad core. I used the S/N located on the bottom of the unit and 9 loaded without a problem. Followed that by down loading 003 drivers and selecting the 003 from the hardware drop down menu, connected the 003 using the firewire 400 to 800 adapter and that did the trick.

Buck Brundage www.couchcreativeservices.com
Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 PM

I dont get something.
I have an maudio project mix i/o console.
Than I bought a mpowered protools 8 academic license because I was studying sound engineering. It was only the programm, NOT with hardware since I already had maudio project mix.
Now to crossgrade to protools 9 it says it will ask me for ilok (ok I have this), and for hardware serial number (??? I bought it alone and use it with my own card...).
Anyone knows if I will have a problem if I buy the protools 9 crossgrade?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:30 PM

you will need to buy the m-powered to 9 crossgrade, which I believe will replace your ver 8 license with PT 9. It's not the same as the le/9 crossgrade. It's 100 dollars more.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:35 PM

Yes , I understand that I will buy this since I use mpowered protools, but when it asks for hardware serial what should I put? The serial of my project mix? This wasn't bought with protools. That is what I want to know before I spend these money.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 PM

I can't say because I bought the le/9 crossgrade, but from what I have read you do not need a hardware serial for the m-powered crossgrade. but you will surrender the 8 license and gain the 9 lic. That is what I have read on this forum anyway.