Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 04-20-2020, 08:36 PM

Default Eleven Rack Editor Crashing

Hello,

This is my first post, sorry for the length of it. I use the 11R standalone. I am having issues with the 11R Editor. The editor has worked very well for me for maybe 4 years or so. About 6 months or so ago it would constantly crash on me. I could get it back if I rebooted the computer (Windows 7 and now updated to Windows 10, USB 2.0, 11R firmware 2.0, latest drivers). I did not change anything hardware wise, and I do not remember installing any new software.
The reboots no longer work or they work briefly. These are the two basic crash scenarios:
1. After reboot the editor will come up, work for maybe 5 minutes then crash. I will get a notification that bad_module_info has stopped working with the only option to click the "Close Program" button.
After doing that it does #2.
2. I get the error below when I do not get error #1:
A potential bug has been detected in Eleven Rack Editor
Condition: diff < .001
File:...\UVolumeTaper.cpp
Line: 136
Drop into the debugger? Then there is a Yes or No button. I have tried the debugger and it basically tries compatibility fixes.

I have tried the compatibility fixes I have found here.
I have reinstalled the drivers and the Editor multiple times.
Once when I reinstalled I had GuitarPro 7 open and received a message that it needed to close to install. I thought maybe that was a conflict and have left it close with the Editor open but the crashes still happen.
I have not done anything hardware-wise with the 11R (if there is even anything to do.
I have not tried another computer but that really does not help me out as the Editor is part of my recording workstation.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Joe
Old 08-10-2020, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor Crashing

man did u ever get this fixed? I feel like it has to do with Windows 2004 build .. worked fine before i updated ... Was looking for alternatives ... tried elevenhack but causes blue screen as well ... Avid is supposed to support the eleven rack til 2024 soo ...
Old 09-07-2020, 06:34 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor Crashing

I agree. Windows build 2004 won't work with 11R. Will Avid help with this issue?