How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2014, 11:42 PM

Default Eleven Rack + Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Hey guys,

New to the forums. After doing some research for the past couple days (and a lot of answers re-directing back to these forums) I figured I should sign up for an account and join the community.

I'm looking to build a little rack and love what i've seen with the Eleven Rack. My questions are:

- Does it make sense to pick up the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 to have more inputs and plug the studio monitors directly in to it? Does it pair nicely with the Eleven Rack or is it redundant?

- Aside from that Ground Control Pro, are there any smaller boards / pedals that pair nicely with the Eleven Rack?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to jamming on some new gear soon!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack + Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

The 18i20 has many more inputs and outputs than the Eleven Rack, so it's not redundant at all, assuming you need more inputs and outputs. Also, the 18i20 mic preamps will probably be better quality as well, so I would use that for anything where you're using a mic.

If you plan to use those together, your best option would be to have the 18i20 be your main interface, and hook up the Eleven Rack via digital Spidf into the 18i20, and just use the Eleven Rack for when you want to record guitar, and use the 18i20 for everything else.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack + Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

In terms of the quality of sound going to the studio monitors, is there any difference between running them out of the Eleven Rack vs. 18i20? More inputs would be great, but I could probably hold off on that for awhile if that would be the only reason i'd take the dive for both.

How about pedals with the Eleven Rack?