Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 AM

Default @%*&!!! STILL GETTING THE ASSERTION ERROR

I got a reply from Bmkarls on this issues with the instructions to delete a few wave chach files, preference files, and volume files. yet im still having issues with bouncing my audio to disk. still getting this error after PT playsback the track before converting

Could not complete the bounce To Disk Command because Assertion in "\Code\aztec_stanley\AlturaPorts\NewFileLibs\Ff\Au dio\FF_Aud" line 33

any ideas!?!?

i followed all the instructions below. what happened was that since i had to delete the DAE folder in "common files" i lost sum plugins that were in use by m projects so when i started up PT it told me that the plugins were nowhere to be found. wat i did was remove all the other folders "inside DAE" except the plugins & plugins settings folders so i could bounce the tracks with all the effects i used.

please help. i think i now have 4 days before i have to get these tracks to the radio station. LOL. its funny coz ive done 2 tracks with no hassle, bouncing and all. im wondering if its some setting i might have accidentally tampered with.

sum1 plz holla bak asap
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

this is the procedure found at http://www.sweetwater.com/expert-cen.../d--06/09/2006 :

What to do if a bounce to disc fails in Pro Tools
06/09/2006

Occasionally Pro Tools will give you the following error message when it fails to bounce your files to disk: "Could not complete the Bounce to Disk command because Assertion in FF_AudioProperty.ccp, line 33." There is an easy fix for this when it happens, which involves trashing the Pro Tools Preferences and Digidesign databases.

For Windows XP:

Deleting Digidesign Databases:

1. On the root level of every mounted hard drive, go into the Digidesign Databases folder and delete the "Volume.ddb" and "WaveCache" files.

2. Go to: My Computer > C: > Program Files > Digidesign > Pro Tools > Databases > Volumes. Delete all of the files in this folder (they will have very odd names).

Trashing Preferences:

1. Go to: My Computer > C: > Documents and Settings > (your user name) > Application Data* > Digidesign. Delete the file entitled "ProTools...v6.x Preferences.PTP" (this may be either Pro Tools LE or TDM, and any version, such as 6.4 or 6.9).

*If the Application Data folder is not there, go to: Tools (in the menus at the top) > Folder Options > View, and select "Show Hidden Files and Folders."

2. Go to: My Computer > C: > Program Files > Common Files > Digidesign > DAE. Delete the entire "DAE Prefs folder."

Empty the Recycle Bin after trashing preferences and/or databases.

Restart Pc.

Start PT and Bounce !

__________________________________________________ _____________
Old 07-05-2006, 03:53 AM

Default Re: @%*&!!! STILL GETTING THE ASSERTION ERROR

Bruce Hayward (The Weed) has already given you a valid response (with a workaround) in your first post. Perhaps you didn't follow and/or read the link? If not, I'll copy it for you here:
Quote:
In one case, trashing databases and preferences fixed the issue and bounce performed successfully

- Try adjusting the length of the bounce (make the selection longer or shorter).

- If the DAE buffer is set to level 8 in Setups > Playback engine, try reducing this value to level 4 or level 2.

Workaround:
Bus the tracks to a new stereo track, record the session in real time, then export the new 'stereo' files using the Region Bin's Export Selected command.

These are valid suggestions that will get you over the problem you are having.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Avid

This error is usually caused by changing the DAE Playback Buffer to 'Level 8'. Changing it back to Level 2 should allow you to complete the bounce.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:05 AM

Hi, I tried reducing the buffer and increasing it, still doesnt work.

Sorry for the silly questions but could someone instruct me on how to use the workaround method to bounce my audio to disk via the region export function.

thanx