How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2023, 06:19 AM

Default Help with Assertion Error

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry that this is my first post in this forum but this problem has been driving me mad for a week now...

I just got a new computer (ASUS ROG STRIX 17 G713QR-K4088W / Windows 11) and was really hoping I could finally get back to work since my old computer (MacOs) was struggling with Pro Tools.
I could open Pro Tools First with no problems (just a bit of a display bug, but nothing too harsh), yet when I try to launch Pro Tools Studio (2018.12) I get this error message:

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "E:\ Code\ 223110\ ProTools\ AAE\ Source\ AAX\ CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 851.

I've looked at all the help given on this forum, including on here.

The only thing that seemed to do something was holding the "N" key when starting the software but instead of resetting the I/O settings, it just closes Pro Tools all-together.

Anyone knows what else I could try..? I'm desperate at this point.
Thanks in advance.

(PS: english isn't my mother tongue, sorry for any mistakes)