How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2023, 08:38 AM

Default Pro Tools renders too small on Apple Studio Display

New here, but not new to recording.

I've searched around and not found any promising info, but here goes: I have one of the new Apple Studio Displays and just installed ProTools Studio after buying an Mbox Studio.

Here's the problem: The font size and other elements in the ProTools GUI are WAAAAY too small on the Studio display to make the software usable. Is there any way at all to increase the size without changing the overall resolution of the screen? I don't want to have to mess with the rest of my user experience just to use ProTools.
Old 02-23-2023, 01:14 PM

Default Re: ProTool renders too small on Apple Studio Display

Pro Tools does not have a separate setting for display resolution, and given graphics and UI fragility in Pro Tools it's probably a good idea for Avid to not try to do that.

You adjust display scaling in Systems Settings>Displays. The settings UI there is a little funky, make sure you are adjusting the Studio Display not Mac Book Pro display settings. You will need to find what tradeoff works best for Pro Tools and your other apps.

It's not unusual having to change scale display settings with 5K monitors.

Consider getting a pair of dedicated computer vision glasses, optimized for your monitor location and viewing distance. My optometrist has been doing that for years for me, and they are *fantastic*.