Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2023, 11:15 PM

Default Re: StreamDeck integration with DADman

Thanks for the fix. All patched up!
Old 03-16-2023, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post

Thanks for the fix. All patched up!
Are you on 122? 121 didn’t quite fix it!
Old 03-16-2023, 11:41 PM

Yes. 122. By the time I saw your post you had already went to 122. (And everything is working great)
Old 03-19-2023, 01:01 PM

I have a Prism Titan with the PTHDX module and also a StreamDeck+. Would this app be useful for things like adjusting the Titan's mic pre levels (which ProTools views as pres from an MTRX, and enabled in the micpre tab in ProTools)?
Old 03-19-2023, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I have a Prism Titan with the PTHDX module and also a StreamDeck+. Would this app be useful for things like adjusting the Titan's mic pre levels (which ProTools views as pres from an MTRX, and enabled in the micpre tab in ProTools)?
This module for StreamDeck talks to DADman (via DADman's native communication format verses using Eucontrol.) The Prism Titan doesn't speak that protocol.

The Titan <> Pro Tools communication for the mic pres is the same as the Avid Pre <> Pro Tools and MTRX mic pres <> Pro Tools which is via MIDI messages. StreamDeck does have a MIDI module (look in the plugin store under Dial actions and you'll find one called MIDI) which you could set up to send the same commands as Pro Tools to the Titan. I remember it was easy to reverse engineer what the commands were (just send Pro Tools to another MIDI device intercepting the MIDI messages sent to the Titan and see what messages are gain, phantom, etc.) Or, Avid might have even published those messages somewhere (Avid Pre manual?)
I don't believe it used Sysex messaging (IIRC it used both the coarse and fine MIDI CC messages for more resolution and the StreamDeck MIDI module can do up to 4 CC for one dial.) Haven't done this is a long time but remember setting up a MIDI mixer to do this a long time ago with the Grace Design 8 channel pre that also used the Avid mic pre MIDI message control.
Old 03-19-2023, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
This module for StreamDeck talks to DADman (via DADman's native communication format verses using Eucontrol.) The Prism Titan doesn't speak that protocol.
I see. I didn't realize DADman was its own protocol. Yes, the Prism has no trouble responding to MIDI CCs, but I thought there might be an advantage to this module. Back to MIDI I go...
Old 03-19-2023, 10:30 PM

Hi, I am new to stream deck. What is everyone's favorite rotary controller for monitor level? Any other hardware suggestions? Thanks!

Gideon
Old 03-19-2023, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagerock View Post
Hi, I am new to stream deck. What is everyone's favorite rotary controller for monitor level? Any other hardware suggestions? Thanks!
I'm using the SD+ and the Surface Dial. The Surface Dial is nice, but it takes a little while to wake up, so the SD+ is more responsive (but it doesn't have as many buttons).

It should also work with the nOb control but I haven't had a chance to test that myself.

I want to add support for the Teenage Engineering ortho remote but I haven't had time, unfortunately it appears as a MIDI rather than a USB rotary encoder device so it will require some refactoring.
Old 03-19-2023, 10:40 PM

To be honest, probably the best knob is a real MOM, using the StreamDeck for labeled buttons and/or more buttons.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:36 AM

Ok good info, thanks Luke!