Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-31-2022, 12:23 PM

Default Artist Control issue with Mac Studio

Hello, I have encountered some problems when using Artist Control.
I use the latest EuControl software and update the firmware on Mac Pro (2013) (everything works on the trash can)
But when I used Mac Studio, I ran into problems. First, I couldn't find my Artist on the surface (after setting it to a static IP address - 192.168.1.61, it appeared)
But when I try to drag it onto my surface, it always displays a network error a few seconds after the connection.
I tried the solution found in the forum: change the computer name, delete it in the auxiliary settings and select it after restart, open it in Rosetta mode, and use an external network USB converter. They don't work. Does anyone have the same problem as me? Can you help me solve this problem? Thank you!
Old 10-31-2022, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Artist Control issue with Mac Studio

My system version is 12.5 Monterey
Old 11-02-2022, 11:05 AM
Avid

Are you still having issues. If you put the unit back to DHCP and dirrectly connect it ith a single cable to the Mac does it work?
Old 11-06-2022, 11:44 PM

I'm running into the same issue trying to get my Artist Mix fader pack seen on my Mac Studio. I get no movement from faders when powering on, Eucontrol never sees the Mix at all. I was able to connect my iPad but the Mix is a no-go

M1 Max
OS 12.6.1
64GB RAM
Eucon v2022.9

I've tried switching between static IP and DHCP, changing computer name in Sharing folder, using Rosetta mode, nothing has worked. I've yet to try a network switch yet, once I can get one I'll try it out.

Is it an issue with the 10G Ethernet port? My machine is brand new (just turned it on for the first time yesterday) that came installed with 12.6.1. I know the KB says it's only supported up to 12.5.1 but unfortunately I'm not able to install any OS before 12.6.1, so if it's an OS compatibility thing is there an ETA as to when my OS will be supported? I'm really not trying to drop more money for an S1 when this should still be operational based on all specs provided...
Old 11-07-2022, 08:31 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadvance View Post
I'm running into the same issue trying to get my Artist Mix fader pack seen on my Mac Studio. I get no movement from faders when powering on, Eucontrol never sees the Mix at all. I was able to connect my iPad but the Mix is a no-go

M1 Max
OS 12.6.1
64GB RAM
Eucon v2022.9

I've tried switching between static IP and DHCP, changing computer name in Sharing folder, using Rosetta mode, nothing has worked. I've yet to try a network switch yet, once I can get one I'll try it out.

Is it an issue with the 10G Ethernet port? My machine is brand new (just turned it on for the first time yesterday) that came installed with 12.6.1. I know the KB says it's only supported up to 12.5.1 but unfortunately I'm not able to install any OS before 12.6.1, so if it's an OS compatibility thing is there an ETA as to when my OS will be supported? I'm really not trying to drop more money for an S1 when this should still be operational based on all specs provided...
It could be the 10GB port which doesn't support 100mb (Artist Mix) connection. Get a 1 GB adapter.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
It could be the 10GB port which doesn't support 100mb (Artist Mix) connection. Get a 1 GB adapter.
Would putting a (unmanaged) switch in-between them help?

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 11-08-2022, 09:05 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
Would putting a (unmanaged) switch in-between them help?
Yes, possibly as long as the switch supported both formats.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:37 PM

I have the Studio and artist mix/control. Verify that the security settings are allowing the hardware to talk to the computer. Did you start the mac in safe mode and then change the security settings? I had to, everything works good now.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes, possibly as long as the switch supported both formats.
Ended up getting a network switch, routing it through there, and HUZZAH!! I have a working Mix again!
Old 11-08-2022, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadvance View Post
Ended up getting a network switch, routing it through there, and HUZZAH!! I have a working Mix again!
Great to hear!

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro