Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 07-21-2022, 09:07 AM

Default My protools is uninstalled and won't reinstall

There is more to it than that and sorry I am very new to all this. Last night I finally found where to download my virtual instruments and plugins that come with protools and after installing them protools wouldn't open, didn't give any messages about why it wasn't opening it just wouldn't. so I turn my computer off hoping it'll sort itself out in the morning. it's the morning now and it is still not working and so I try to remove the plugins folder to get it started but they just won't load and I try most the other solutions on the forum for protools not starting but now I have uninstalled protools because of some forum that was recommending that for an update but now it won't reinstall and I am very lost, and any time I try to reinstall from the avid website it doesn't work and says contact customer support. Any advice is very much appreciated.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:25 AM

Default Re: My protools is uninstalled and won't reinstall

And we all will remain even more lost than you if you don't describe stuff clearly.

What exact OS are you on?

What exact version of Pro Tools? Is 2022.5 in your profile correct?

What interface are you using and have you installed drivers for it? What version drivers?

What version of extra plugin add-ons?

I cannot follow this

"... to remove the plugins folder to get it started but they just won't load"

If you remove the plugin folder of course they won't load. What exactly are you doing? To what exact folder (let's start with are you looking at the correct folder)?

Did you start troubleshooting by trashing prefs? Always start there, the most simplest stuff. See under "Help us help you" up the top of every DUC web page". And even better if on Windows purchase the Trasher tool http://www.pro-tools-pc.us/category-s/1514.htm.

"Won't open" covers lots of space. What exactly happens? You click on the UI and... you see part of a splash screen? see nothing at all? You tried double clicking on Pro Tools then holding down the 'N' key and see if the playback engine dialog appears? In general describe exactly what you exactly see and what you are doing.

What *exactly* does the whole message about contacting support say?