Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2010, 11:30 PM

Default Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

I absolutely hate the idea of paying for customer support, but I'm seriously considering buying a support ticket, as this forum as well as various computer help forums have failed to fix the problem I'm having with Pro Tools.

My question is, if I pay them to help me, am I guaranteed a solution that works? How far are they obligated to help me once I buy a support ticket? Also, will my ticket carry across multiple phone calls and emails? This is a problem that has many times appeared to have gone away for several days, so if the fixes they offer end up not working after a couple days, will my support ticket still entitle me to their help? Is there any sort of money back policy if they aren't able to solve my problem?

I just want to know these things because I have no problems paying $42 to resolve this issue once and for all, but I don't want to keep throwing money at the problem only to find that none of the solutions are working. I just want to deal with someone who is obligated to fix my problem, and for whom my problem will be a priority. I'm sick of waiting several days between emails with avids free support in which they offer up useless solutions that I found on their website long ago.

I may have rambled a good bit there, but my pertinent questions reside in the second paragraph. Also, I posted this in the LE windows forum, but just realized that it's not relevant to LE windows specifically.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:31 PM

Thumbs down Re: Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

I think I have purchased my last digidesign product.

I have been a loyal customer since 1993.

It took me over an hour to figure out what they have done to the support system that though I was buying by the minute seemed to work when I needed.

I have not bought the single support package and I haven't received a decent answer to the problems that I am having with with the products on the last upgrade

Buying advance support seems to be a recipe for disaster.

Oops! we don't know the answer to that, maybe it's caused by BIAS Peak that you use. Thanks for the $40.00--Sucker!

I'd probably get a similar response from BIAS, but I dson't think it would be as expensive.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

Why not post your problem here before buying customer support? Im sure we could help you out.
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet
Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Avid

Default Re: Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Crouton View Post
I absolutely hate the idea of paying for customer support, but I'm seriously considering buying a support ticket, as this forum as well as various computer help forums have failed to fix the problem I'm having with Pro Tools.

My question is, if I pay them to help me, am I guaranteed a solution that works? How far are they obligated to help me once I buy a support ticket? Also, will my ticket carry across multiple phone calls and emails? This is a problem that has many times appeared to have gone away for several days, so if the fixes they offer end up not working after a couple days, will my support ticket still entitle me to their help? Is there any sort of money back policy if they aren't able to solve my problem?

I just want to know these things because I have no problems paying $42 to resolve this issue once and for all, but I don't want to keep throwing money at the problem only to find that none of the solutions are working. I just want to deal with someone who is obligated to fix my problem, and for whom my problem will be a priority. I'm sick of waiting several days between emails with avids free support in which they offer up useless solutions that I found on their website long ago.

I may have rambled a good bit there, but my pertinent questions reside in the second paragraph. Also, I posted this in the LE windows forum, but just realized that it's not relevant to LE windows specifically.
An Avid Support Code covers an incident/issue, not a single phone call. As far as the 'quality' of the support, our goal is to solve your problem. While there are times where the root cause is beyond our control, nobody wins if we just make excuses or point fingers (and keep your money). We're trying to provide great service at a fair price, so we hope you give us a chance.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 AM

Thumbs down Re: Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Crouton View Post
My question is, if I pay them to help me, am I guaranteed a solution that works?
definitely not! I do have support tickets. However, so far I have support cases pending for several weeks, even without automated replies.

as for an exemple, take a look at this case: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=285580

athough several users have reported this problem for over more than half a year now, avid customer support has never given any decent feedback or support on this issue.
On this forum, DTS chimes in only every couple of weeks, not even reading through the posts posted by us, users. Exemple: even if we have mentioned several times that legacy fw-drivers do not solve our problem, DTS would still suggest reverting to the legacy drivers.

A lot of us seem to have paid good money for avid products, only to find out avid support is a shame. To my experience, buying a support ticket will probably leave you with a lot of disappointments and frustrations as chances for a solution to your problem (or even to be heard) are pretty small.

I'm very sorry to report this, unfortunately this happens to be my true experience.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:41 AM

Same here: I will never buy any avid products ever again. This is an awful company who cares only about money and is alienating all their customers by being clearly careless about their support needs.

They are digging their own grave
Old 01-09-2011, 07:11 PM

ITT

People who didnt read the system requirments before buying protools

Nick
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Old 01-09-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcrazyfruit View Post
ITT

People who didnt read the system requirments before buying protools

Nick
Dell dimension 8250 quad core, 4GB ram, TI firewire-interface. PT6.9 with was running great with digi002 on this system, so I see no reason why digi003 and PT9 would not.
Moreover, I see no reason why PT wouldn't run on Dell, HP or Compaq, but would still run on Asus.
Also, I don't see a 003 on your list, while Avid has acknowledged there is a problem with 003 and PT8.0.4 and higher. So please, target and aim before you fire silly comments at random. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoerik View Post
Dell dimension 8250 quad core, 4GB ram, TI firewire-interface. PT6.9 with was running great with digi002 on this system, so I see no reason why digi003 and PT9 would not.
Moreover, I see no reason why PT wouldn't run on Dell, HP or Compaq, but would still run on Asus.
Also, I don't see a 003 on your list, while Avid has acknowledged there is a problem with 003 and PT8.0.4 and higher. So please, target and aim before you fire silly comments at random. Thank you!
>> Dell
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD