Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-12-2004, 12:35 PM

Default Telepc = & other forum members I am now funcitonal

Somewhat

Uninstalled everything from Pro Tools, I bit the bullet. I still have the audio files ( wma) so I can easily import them again into a new session.

Also I uninstalled service pack 2 ( again), uninstalled Pro Tools 6.4 plug ins ( everything)

Now I reboot my computer ( from the uninstallation) & re-install Pro Tools 6.1.1 from a cd that came with my 002 rack.

Also I install all of the plugins etc ( trial period), shut down my system & restart.

Now I go & open up my previous Pro Tools sessions ( did not delete) & still received the -9073 error.
Hmmm my last thought on this is that somehow the files are corrupted, I delete the session, create a new session & import the actual wma audio files.

I start playin & hold my breath & BOOM everythings fine!!!!!! ( No error)

Load up the Be There session & it plays flawless, load up the Sound check & also no errors.

So right now I'm pretty happy ( somewhat) but why did my previous files still give me an error session?

Could it possibly be that when you save to a certain part of your hardrive & then move the files it causes problems, man I don't know.

Well right now I'm going to record some vocals & hopefully everything will go smooth, but just as an update I can at LEAST for now play back the demo session & not get the -9073 error.

Unfortunately I do not have service pack 2 any longer so my computer is at risk online, & I will probably no longer use Windows updates because for whatever reason it is conflicting with my system.

& Last but not least 6.4 is just not working with my system ( must be something wrong with the download file) so far now I'm running 6.1.1.

It seems like a temporary fix, I just hope that Digi approves service pack 2 soon & I can really find out why my system was not working with it.
Well I will update later, but for now I need a rest ( so much headaches with this BS)

, peace
Old 12-12-2004, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Telepc = & other forum members I am now funcitonal

<<So right now I'm pretty happy ( somewhat)>>

...you've got to be kidding, you should be estactic. Right now I'm pretty happy and my system has been working fine. But I guess I understand, you need some time to recover from the trauma. Hope that with the rest of us here in DUC sharing your pain it was of some help. Now let the healing begin.

Tears, I predict you will become one of the strongest Digi supporters in the future . I'm sure your experiences can help the massess which come after you. Don't stay away long, others will need your help.

jazzmandan
MBox /PT not supported under Win7 - I didn't leave PT, PT left me!
11/30/2009 - MBox, REAPER

http://www.jazzmandan.com
Old 12-12-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Telepc = & other forum members I am now funcit

Hey Tears that's great!

Interesting about the corrupted files, although I'm careful to play sessions I recorded before my problems started, and I get the same errors.

Still, you give a brother some hope.

Please keep us posted on your progress. You've certainly earned the right to enjoy some good recording sessions.
ADA-8000
Old 12-12-2004, 06:03 PM

Glad to hear it. I think I was starting to loose sleep thinking about it!

I posted to the other thread before I read this, and I guess I'm extremely curious if either you and Telepc are at SP1 or SP2 on your XP install. I gave some real easy steps by which to confirm this.

Tears, where are you located at?
AMD Radeon HD 6570
2 WDC WD10EURX-63FH1Y0
www.soundchasm.com
Old 12-12-2004, 06:44 PM

I'm at SP1 and holding. Went back to the config that worked a treat for 6 months, but sadly, no more treat right now.
ADA-8000
Old 12-12-2004, 07:13 PM

If you're worried about being secure with out sp2, just browse the web with mozilla or firefox and be careful what you download. I've be doing that for almost a year and have not had one virus.