Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2020, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Getting PT Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
That is a renewal and for institutions and STU for students who are eligble so the ONLY pption here for you is a reinstatement which is for expired plans like yours so $199 option is a gamble if you live elsewhere and then it is $299 so I would not risk getting a DOA license to save $99 and hassle to get my money back from Paypal right now.

I have a grievence with paypal now that has been ongoing for 3 weeks and still no contact due to corona closed support so its up to you to try and circumvent the rules. If it states at Alto this is for US residents Only then thats what it means. They will find out you are not a US resident and you will have a LONG sait to get your money back

Dont understand why Unkje is advicing you to do this as it is not only a gamble but against the Avid and Alto guidelines. This offer is for US residents and has to do with taxes and other costs so lets NOT give advice like this THANK YOU!
Maybe he didin't know I wasn't from US.

I'm aware about Institution and Student versions. I live in Argentina so I should get the $299 form somewhere else? I found one reinstatement for $299 on SweetWater?
Old 04-12-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
199 option is a gamble if you live elsewhere
I would genuinely appreciate proof of this, as Alto Music has been around for yonks and anyone anywhere can buy their upgrade or reinstatement and have it honored by Avid, just like anyone can purchase from Thomann or Sweetwater, no matter where they live.

Quote:
Dont understand why Unkje is advicing you to do this as it is not only a gamble but against the Avid and Alto guidelines. This offer is for US residents and has to do with taxes and other costs so lets NOT give advice like this THANK YOU!
Would also appreciate proof where this is against Avid and Alto guidelines as the page I quoted says nothing about this deal being exclusively for US residents.
I’m definitely not intentionally advising anyone to do anything that is illegal – all I’m trying to do is help someone buy at the cheapest possible price.

I'm still working on my chimney, so it's back up the ladder I go - but I will login in later this evening.

Thanks for explaining to the OP about the Education Institutional license not being the right choice. Most interested to read what is wrong with the OP buying the $199 reinstatement, however.

Thanks in advance - for the love of Pro Tools!!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 04-12-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
I would genuinely appreciate proof of this, as Alto Music has been around for yonks and anyone anywhere can buy their upgrade or reinstatement and have it honored by Avid, just like anyone can purchase from Thomann or Sweetwater, no matter where they live.

Would also appreciate proof where this is against Avid and Alto guidelines as the page I quoted says nothing about this deal being exclusively for US residents.
I’m definitely not intentionally advising anyone to do anything that is illegal – all I’m trying to do is help someone buy at the cheapest possible price.

I'm still working on my chimney, so it's back up the ladder I go - but I will login in later this evening.

Thanks for explaining to the OP about the Education Institutional license not being the right choice. Most interested to read what is wrong with the OP buying the $199 reinstatement, however.

Thanks in advance - for the love of Pro Tools!!
I guess I will have to send a message to AltoMusic and ask, for me, as an Argentinian, $100 is really a lot. Thank you everyone for your help.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post

Most interested to read what is wrong with the OP buying the $199 reinstatement,!
If you dont understand why that is not great advice I will not get into this with you!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-13-2020, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancanto View Post
I guess I will have to send a message to AltoMusic and ask, for me, as an Argentinian, $100 is really a lot. Thank you everyone for your help.
It does’t cost anything to ask but what I would not do is buy that BEFORE you have a 100% answer that even though this is for US residents only you can buy this anyway from Argentina

So wend them an email and explain where you are and if that price is applicable to you anyway. Best of Luck

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-13-2020, 05:26 AM

Quote:
If you dont understand why that is not great advice I will not get into this with you!
Perhaps you've overlooked my advising to pay via PayPal, as this is free insurance. If a sale is not genuine, or you don't get what you paid for, PayPal will give a purchaser a refund. Sure it can take weeks. Who cares, as long as you get most of your money back. Major credit cards also protect you from fraud. Hence, I pay PayPal with my credit card, for extra cover. Please tell me a better way to protect yourself from a dodgy transaction (for free!).

Please remember this purchase is a digital download, not a piece of hardware being shipped from afar. An activation code will either work, or it's a dud.
If it's a dud, you're lucky if you used PayPal.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 04-13-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
....this is for US residents only...
As previously asked, please show me anywhere on this page that says "for US customers only"
https://www.altomusic.com/avid-pro-t...ilok-protools#

I'm talking about an outright purchase for US $199 - not a purchase that uses their US credit facility.

Quote:
So wend them an email and explain where you are and if that price is applicable to you anyway. Best of Luck
When I purchase from OS, the exchange rate applies. Then Tax.
A US$100 saving = a saving of almost $157 Australian.
A US$100 saving = almost 6507 Argentine Peso
Old 04-13-2020, 07:00 AM

I just recently did a reinstatement through Sweetwater. It was $999 plus CT sales tax. Roughly $1060. I totally dropped the ball when my perpetual subscription ran out. If I hadn't, the renewal would have been $399 + tax. It pisses me off that I've been purchasing renewals for years now and that there's no forgiveness for being a loyal customer.

The Sweetwater sales person indicated that Avid is moving away from the perpetual license type, but anyone who has one is grandfather'd in.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:56 AM

Well I asked a friend who works with Alto retailers and you can Buy the reinstatement for $199 as thats their price drop so just send an email to them and tell them what you need (a reinstatement plan for expired PT Perpetual) so you know they still have copies left as with corona times they can be slow to ipdate (their words) same with Thomann and the rest so aw long as you dont need to use the ”monthly payment” and pay the $199 directly you are good to go with that option. No restrictions for US customers or outside the US.

All the best and dont wait too long as those reinstatement plans are running out all over the knternet dealers.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-13-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Well I asked a friend who works with Alto retailers and you can Buy the reinstatement for $199 as thats their price drop so just send an email to them and tell them what you need (a reinstatement plan for expired PT Perpetual) so you know they still have copies left as with corona times they can be slow to ipdate (their words) same with Thomann and the rest so aw long as you dont need to use the ”monthly payment” and pay the $199 directly you are good to go with that option. No restrictions for US customers or outside the US.

All the best and dont wait too long as those reinstatement plans are running out all over the knternet dealers.

Thank you for clarifying your previous Posts.
Great to read that OP (juancanto) can pick up a reinstatement for $199!

For those who want to check Avid’s list of Unauthorized Sellers:
https://www.avid.com/unauthorized-sellers

Remember – PayPal covers your exhaust if you buy a “not-fit-for-purpose” item.